First drag queen set to DJ Cardiff Students’ Union this Wednesday

Nicki Knockers will be DJing at the Balconi Bar

Set your calendars, Y plas are holding a ‘Pride special!’ Yolo on Wednesday 22nd February.

Cardiff’s own drag superstar Nicki Knockers will take over the balcony bar whilst YOLO’s main room will still have the classic Wednesday bangers.

The club has announced this is the first-ever drag queen to DJ at the student union.

Nicki Knockers is a well known name around Cardiff, she has previously hosted, performed, and DJed in bars and clubs such as Kings, Pulse and Gassy’s.

Cardiff Universities’ initiative to support LGBTQ+ students is further advocated through societies like CU Pride and Enfys. As well as services like the LGBT+ association and the Student Support Centre. Last year Cardiff city was ranked one of the best cities in the world towards its acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.

Nicki Knockers will be DJing at the Balconi Bar, but there will also be the usual club tunes from Y Plas’s Main room and Circle Room.

Y Plas’ announcement on Instagram added that this is a ‘safe and inclusive environment’ with ‘a zero-tolerance policy’ towards disrespectful behaviour.

Free entry is available until 10pm, with last entry set before 1:30am.

Feature Image via The Kings on Facebook