P Diddy held yearly ‘White Parties’ but what actually happened during them and who attended?

Jay Z, Beyonce, Leonardo DiCaprio and Ashton Kutcher all reportedly made an appearance over the years

Rapper P Diddy has become known for his world famous parties, including his yearly White Parties, but what exactly are they and which celebrities reportedly attended them over the years? P Diddy held his White Parties every year from 1998 to 2009, with Leonardo DiCaprio attending the first ever one, and Ashton Kutcher helping to organise the last one with Diddy.

The party was first held exclusively in the Hamptons before starting to move to other luxurious locations around the world. The dress code was strictly enforced, and as the name suggests guests were expected to wear white, Diddy explained to Oprah the colour palette was to “strip away everyone’s image and put us all in the same colour and on the same level.”

The very first party happened in 1998 with Diddy reportedly inviting over 200 people to a casual BBQ at his house, with him saying at the time: “I had the craziest mix of guests some of my boys from Harlem, Leonardo DiCaprio after he’d just finished Titanic. I had socialites there and relatives from down south. There were 200 people sitting out here, just having a down-home cookout.”

The very last one was held on 4th July 2009 and was co-hosted by Aston Kutcher and Demi Moore. it was hosted in Beverly Hills and was also used as an event to raise both awareness and money for the charity Malaria No More.

Paris Hilton once recalled one of the first White Parties P Diddy held, saying: “I remember the first party he threw in the Hamptons. It was iconic and everyone was there.”

According to attendee, Tom Swoope, there were different areas that you could access depending on what type of guest you were, with kids being told to “go home” after a certain hour.

In a video from the Daily Mail, P Diddy can be seen asking for the kids to leave, saying: “We fed you all. We gave you drinks. Now it’s time to enjoy life. Kids have an hour left [because] this thing turns into something that when you get older, this is something y’all gonna want to come to … So let’s just start to get our groove on. Put the kids away. It’s all good.”

Many celebrities reportedly attended the White Parties over the years, including Aretha Franklin, Jay Z, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Ashton Kutcher.

For more like this plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook