MAFS UK’s Alex has commented amid the abuse allegations and his post-show arrest

There is so much going on here

MAFS UK 2024 groom Alex Henry has commented amid allegations of abuse against him, and drama surrounding him being arrested following his appearance on the show. Yes, all of this has happened already.

Let’s rewind, when Alex was announced as one of the people taking part in the experiment this year, there were accusations of “abuse” being reported on. When his promo reel was shared, one person branded him a “dangerous individual”.

Claims were made online by a woman called Shannon, who it is believed was speaking on behalf of a friend, who claimed to have dated Alex in the past. Speaking of Alex, Shannon said: “In situations where people are marrying each other at first sight, allowing a domestic abuser to join the show is not acceptable at all. I have seen first hand the damage that this man has done. Something needs to be done about this situation.”

Despite this, Channel 4 has confirmed Alex will continue as a cast member, and said his DBS check as part of casting came back clear. The channel said it had responded directly to those who made the allegations.

Alex and Holly on MAFS UK 2024

via E4

On top of this, Alex was reportedly jailed after appearing on the show, because he was denied leave from his position in the RAF. According to The Sun, Alex worked at RAF Spadeadam as an air specialist, and asked his commander for additional leave last winter in order to attend filming for MAFS UK 2024.

He was denied leave, but decided to go and film regardless. As such he was seized by military police once he had finished filming and sentenced to 34 days in military prison before allegedly being sacked from his job.

Henry’s spokesman said: “He returned after filming of his own volition and handed himself into the military authorities. He was sentenced to 34 days in a military prison and served 24 as a model inmate.” The RAF said it could not comment.

Now, Alex has posted some pretty cryptic messages on Instagram that hint at the scandals surrounding him, as well as the “wife swap” comments he made during MAFS UK 2024. Alex has commented about getting “hate” since joining the cast of MAFS UK 2024, and shared some quotes on his Instagram story.

MAFS UK 2024 groom Alex Henry commented on Instagram

via Instagram

Alongside a video of him in the gym, Alex said: “Who are you in the real world? That’s what really matters.” He then shared a podcast clip, in which it’s said: “Just because you’re not rocking with me, that don’t mean you’re hating on me. I just might not be you’re cup of tea.

“Everybody’s not hating on you because [of] what you got going on, and sometimes I understand you might rub people up the wrong way, because you might remind them that they’re not going for their dreams.” Sharing the clip, Alex wrote: “I needed to hear this.”

Women’s Aid has already issued a statement about his involvement in the series, and said it is “incredibly disappointed and concerned to hear that producers of Married at First Sight have taken the decision not to remove an alleged abuser from the latest series.”

In response a spokesperson for Channel 4 said: “The welfare of our contributors is of paramount importance and, as such, we take all allegations of unacceptable behaviour seriously. We are aware of a single allegation against a Married at First Sight UK 2024 contributor and we have responded directly to those who came to us with that allegation.

“As part of our responsibility to safeguard our contributors, everyone taking part in MAFSUK undergoes a rigorous vetting process, involving a criminal record check and multiple psychological evaluations, before they can be cleared to take part.

“The DBS (criminal record) check carried out on the contributor raised in the allegation was returned clean. We cast contributors based on the information we are legally able to access and we continue to review this process to ensure checks are as thorough as legally possible.”

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook