Caspar Emma MAFS UK 2024

Everyone’s debating if Caspar was wrong for his comments about Emma, here’s who’s right

It’s been a major topic of contention

During last night’s MAFS UK 2024 episode, Caspar made some comments about his wife Emma, in regards to her weight. Safe to say the entirety of the MAFS UK community is now head-locked in a major debate about whether what Caspar said to Emma during their MAFS UK 2024 honeymoon was right or wrong. But before we delve into which side is actually right, let’s have a little refresher about what exactly Caspar said during the episode.

Via Channel 4

After seeing Emma for the first time in a bikini, Caspar told the cameras: “She’s a very positive person, very confident in herself and her body but first time seeing Emma in a bikini? I’m not feeling the sexual sparks that I was hoping to feel. Liking a more petite woman is generally something that I’ve always fancied more than curves. That’s just my preference.”

When Emma asked him whether or not he was attracted to her in a bikini, he explained: “I rarely have gone for the curvier person.” Emma replied: “If you didn’t think I was sexy in my f*cking wedding dress and my gorgeous bikini today, I don’t know what hope there is.

“But what we’re here to do is look beyond that and what you need to do is look beyond that because my personality, my confidence should help you be more confident and you should see qualities bigger than my clothes size. You need to work on your view of women.” Major mic drop moment.

Via Channel 4

But it seems the MAFS community is divided by whether Caspar was in the right or wrong. Some people think that everyone has preferences and Caspar was well within his rights to tell Emma that she isn’t his physical preference. They’ve added that she was the one who asked him the question and all he did was give her an “honest” answer.

One viewer defended Caspar, writing: “I feel for Caspar! I mean, what do you do if you just cannot fancy your spouse? At least he is being honest when asked direct questions!”

Another added in the comments: “How else could he have worded it, he was very polite about it, to be fair he didn’t even want to say that. You could quite clearly see how uncomfortable he was, better he did it now than weeks into it. I think he did the right thing and worded it correctly.”

However, plenty of others are convinced that Caspar is entirely in the wrong and have rushed to Emma’s defence. One viewer wrote: “Caspar is a complete and utter tw*t. Not every girl is a f*cking size eight. Emma is a gorgeous girl and a normal size?? Just say you’re intimidated by her and f*ck off.”

Via Channel 4

Another added: “Emma is an inspiration whilst Caspar is a complete twerp shall we say. Made me mad just listening to him, he’s far from perfect.” Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but really it seems like both of them have been slightly set up by the producers here, as I’m sure appearance is something he would have written on his preferences sheet when applying.

Regardless, both men and women are allowed to have their own personal preferences on what their partner looks like so in that regard Caspar is entitled to that. Emma did also ask the question and he was probably just trying to be honest and put his foot in it a bit.

Via Channel 4

Having said that, I also think it’s entirely understandable that Emma feels upset and frustrated as no matter how you phrase something like that it’s never nice to hear.

Ultimately she deserves someone who loves her for her, and it seems the experts missed the mark on that one entirely. At the end of the day, I don’t think it’s fair on either of them but he definitely could have phrased what he said a lot better.

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook