Euros 2024 salaries

The insanely huge weekly salaries of the England Euros 2024 team, ranked lowest to highest

The squad earns a combined total of £3million per week

Gareth Southgate has plenty of talent at his disposal in the Euros 2024 team, including the likes of Kane and Bellingham who play at Bayern Munich and Real Madrid respectively, two of the biggest clubs in the world but along with them come huge weekly salaries that need to be paid.

Most of the players in the squad, however, play in the English Premier League, the richest league in the world by someway, raking in a staggering £5.4 million a year in revenue, according to Statista. With a revenue like that, the players are bound to earn a lot of money, but who exactly earns the most?

Here is a comprehensive breakdown of of the weekly salaries the England Euros 2024 squad, ranked from lowest to highest:

Kobbie Mainoo – £20,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by kobbie mainoo (@kobbie)

The breakthrough Manchester United star has shown just how good he is at the tender age of 19, with his ability undoubtedly set to rise. He’ll hope that his wage will rise as well as he currently only earns £20,000-a-week, the joint lowest in the England squad.

Ivan Toney – £20,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ivan Toney (@ivantoney1)

Valued at £100m by Brentford, Ivan Toney has been a force to be reckoned with across England’s top flight leagues and is touted for a move to a top six team this summer. Until that transfer happens though, Toney is the joint lowest earning player in the England squad at £20,000-a-week.

Adam Wharton – £35,000

A surprise inclusion by Gareth Southgate, Adam Wharton takes the tally of Crystal Palace players in the England squad up to four, making them the most represented team in the squad. After joining Palace halfway through last season from Blackburn Rovers, Wharton put pen to paper on a contract that sees him earn £35,000-a-week.

Marc Guehi – £50,000

Though there was certainly some doubters over Southgate’s exclusion of Harry Maguire, the choice of Marc Guehi alongside Stones seemed to be one that paid off in England’s 1-0 victory over Serbia last Sunday. However, despite his class, Guehi only earns £50,000-a-week, a small figure compared to some of his national teammates.

Kieran Trippier – £120,000

Kieran Trippier was one of the first marquee signings for Eddie Howe’s new look Newcastle side after they received brand new investment. They invested well as Trippier has been an important part of Newcastle’s rise, as well as England’s success in recent tournaments (I’m sure we all remember THAT free-kick in the 2018 World Cup semi-final), which earns him £120,000 per week.

Jordan Pickford – £125,000

The England number one has been at Everton for seven years now and continues to prove his worth as a vital part of the Merseyside outfit and the England squad over that time. This trust has been repaid with a steady wage of £125,000-a-week.

Kyle Walker – £175,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kyle Walker (@kylewalker2)

Another Man City mainstay in the England squad, Kyle Walker is regarded as the best right back in the Premier League at the moment. With his rapid speed, astute defending and ability on the ball that kind of praise isn’t misplaced, and neither is the £175,000 that is put in his pocket each week.

Trent Alexander-Arnold – £180,000

Trent Alexander-Arnold has struggled to break into the England team on a regular basis because of the amount of competition for places at right back. Nevertheless, he Scouse lad is the fourth highest earner at Liverpool at £180,000-a-week, behind only Salah, Van Dijk and Thiago.

Luke Shaw – £200,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Luke Shaw (@lukeshaw23)

Luke Shaw might not even get a single minute of football during the Euros as he’s been injured since February. But when he’s fit, he’s usually the first choice left back for both England and Manchester United, and it reflects in his £200,000-a-week wages.

Ezri Konsa – £200,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ezri Konsa (@ezrikonsa)

The 26-year-old defender from Newham featured in almost every game this season for Aston Villa, deployed as either a centre back or a right-back, and was included in Southgate’s squad to provide depth in both of those positions. Konsa is one of only six members of the 26 man squad that earns upwards of £200,000-a-week.

Phil Foden – £225,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Phil Foden (@philfoden)

The Manchester City starlet has shown glimpses of his ability in an England shirt but he’s ultimately struggled to replicate his club form for the national team. Luckily for him, its his club that pays him, where he earns £225,000-a-week under Pep Guardiola.

Declan Rice – £240,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Declan Rice (@declanrice)

Declan Rice left West Ham as a hero, captaining them to their first European trophy since 1965. Since joining Arsenal at the end of the 2022/23 season, Rice has been earning a whopping £240,000 a week.

John Stones – £250,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by John Stones (@johnstones5)

One of the first names on Southgate’s team sheet is John Stones, who has appeared at four previous tournaments for the Three Lions. That level of consistency deserves the £250,000 a week that he earns.

Bukayo Saka – £295,000

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Bukayo Saka (@bukayosaka87)

Bukayo Saka is Arsenal’s golden boy, climbing through the ranks of the Hale End academy since he was seven. Arsenal fans around the world would be devastated if Saka were to ever leave them, and that’s why the club does everything they can to keep him there, paying him a staggering £295,000-a-week after bonuses.

Jude Bellingham – £335,000

Jude Bellingham is so good that Birmingham City retired the number 22 shirt when he left them in 2020 at 17-years-old. Since then he’s won the DFB-Pokal with Dortmund and the Champions League and La Liga with Real Madrid – a superstar already, and he’s only 20.

This superstardom has earned him a wage of around £335,000-a-week, which rose to just over £400,000 with bonuses.

Harry Kane – £400,000

via @harrykane on Instagram

The highest earner in the England squad is fittingly the captain. Kane earns just over £400,000 each week at the German giants, Bayern Munich, where he scored 44 goals this season. As the countries all time leading goal scorer with 63 goals, he is worthy of being the highest earner, but lets hope that he helps bring football home this summer.

The rest of the squad

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jarrod Bowen (@jarrodbowen)

It’s no surprise to see that the rest of the England squad is full to the brim of Premier League stars and they have the wages to match. Aston Villa’s star striker, Ollie Watkins earns a stunning £130,000-a-week, with Arsenal’s second choice keeper, Aaron Ramsdale, and West Ham’s fan favourite, Jarrod Bowen, both earning £120,000 each week.

Crystal Palace duo, Eberechi Eze and Dean Henderson both earn £100,000-a-week, while centre backs Joe Gomez and Lewis Dunk earn £85,000-a-week and £80,000-a-week respectively.

Wonderkid sensation Cole Palmer earns a reported £75,000-a-week, compared to his Chelsea teammate and frequent wearer of the captain’s armband, Connor Gallagher, who earns £50,000-a-week. Finally, Anthony Gordon, who plays down the wing for Eddie Howe’s Newcastle, earns around £60,000-a-week.

Featured images via @judebellingham, @harrykane and @bukayosaka87 on Instagram.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

The sexiest Euros 2024 players you can stare at whilst pretending to watch the game

This footballer is ‘signed up’ for Love Island 2024 and he went to Olivia Attwood’s wedding!

All the previous and current Islanders Ronnie secretly already knew before Love Island 2024