Taylor Swift Tortured Poets Department Matty Healy

Matty Healy’s family defend him after digs in Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department

It comes after theories the album is about their relationship

Taylor Swift released her newest breakup album The Tortured Poets Department last week and whilst fans were expecting a lot of references to Joe Alwyn we seemed to get more about her rumoured ex Matty Healy of the 1975 band. And whilst the two never officially confirmed their relationship there were a lot of clues they were together. And out of Taylor’s 31 new songs that are featured on the album, fans are speculating that at least six of them are about Matty Healy and there are some particularly vicious digs about him in some of them.

And now his family have come to defend him as the aunt of Matty Healy, Debbie Dedes, has addressed fan theories that The Tortured Poets Department focuses on the relationship between him and Taylor Swift. She told The Daily Mail: “Nothing surprises him any more, he will not be surprised by the song. She writes about all her relationships, doesn’t she? He and her know what went on. As my nephew, we know a bit more about what went on than has been in the press.”

His aunt also added that Matty is “very happy in his new relationship,” adding, “I’m sure he will be focusing on that.” Really hoping it’s keeping him awake at night tbh.

For all the latest film and entertainment news, memes and other fun stuff about Taylor Swift’s newest album The Tortured Poets Department, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.