Explained: What the hell is actually going on with Euphoria series three!?

Apparently, no one at HBO is even sure a third season will ever arrive

Let’s call a spade a spade: Production on Euphoria series three is a mess. No one has a clue what’s going on, and the more that comes out about the way the journey to series three of Euphoria is going things seem increasingly unclear. Couple the chaos with the fact that a lot of its stars, namely Zendaya, Jacob Elordi and Sydney Sweeney are becoming increasingly famous, bankable and acclaimed film and TV stars and you have even more confusion. A lot has come out over the troubled journey Euphoria is having to its t, so here’s a timeline of what we know so far.

Jacob Elordi on series three filming: ‘They’re going to have to Benjamin Button me’

@fallontonight

Jacob Elordi thinks he might need to be “Benjamin Button-ed” for the next season of Euphoria 🤣 #FallonTonight #TonightShow #JacobElordi #Euphoria

♬ original sound – FallonTonight

Speaking to Jimmy Fallon, Jacob Elordi says on series three filming starting “I hope it’s soon or they’re going to have to Benjamin Button me or something. I’m going to have a bad back walking down the hallway.”

This was in January.

Dominic Fike doubts he’ll be back for the third season

Despite saying he thinks a return would be good, Dominic Fike says he doesn’t think he’ll be invited back because he doesn’t “really talk to them anymore.”

This is after Fike spoke about the Euphoria ‘sober coach’ failed him as a drug addict when filming previously.

In March, Sydney Sweeney says ‘People will be amazed with what series three becomes’

GQ, in an interview with Sweeney, say she will start shooting Euphoria series three within the next two months (this was published in March). Sweeney is quoted saying “People will be really amazed with what series three becomes.” Talking about how it marks a change for the show, she continued “I think that’s good because seasons one and two were so different.”

She also says she doesn’t know if there’d be a series four.

Deadline claims production is delayed because Sam Levinson hasn’t finished the script

Yikes.

Filming plans were halted with the script unfinished, and Sam Levinson is still working on the scripts. In a statement to Deadline, HBO said “HBO and Sam Levinson remain committed to making an exceptional third season. In the interim, we are allowing our in demand cast to pursue other opportunities.”

Via HBO

HBO apparently ‘not at all sure’ if third season will ever come

According to a story in Variety, the unsaid opinion at HBO is a general unsureness on whether the third season will ever even happen.

Sam Levinson’s idea to make Rue ‘a private detective’ immediately vetoed by HBO

In the wildest news to come out about Euphoria series three so far, apparently Sam Levinson had plans for Rue (played by Zendaya) in the third season to have more of a background role and play a detective. Random.

Zendaya wasn’t happy about it according to Variety, and HBO immediately vetoed the idea.

Main cast determined for Sam Levinson to stay involved

Despite some pressure I guess for Levinson to depart Euphoria, especially after The Idol was received so poorly, apparently the main cast of the show are keen for him to stay at the helm – in particular, Zendaya, Jacob Elordi and Sydney Sweeney.

A source told Variety, “that not only are the show’s cast contracted for a third season, but they’re all truly committed to seeing “Euphoria” — with Levinson — through to the end with a third season, particularly Zendaya, Sweeney and Elordi.”

For all the latest film and entertainment news, memes and other fun stuff, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.