All the shows you need to watch if you loved The Traitors to fill the void of it ending

I need something to make me feel alive again

The Traitors season two finished last week and I am absolutely distraught. What am I going to do with my Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights now? How am I going to make it through to the weekend? I’m in desperate need of other shows like The Traitors to fill the void in my life and make me feel something, anything – I’m literally begging.

Now that it’s all wrapped up, if you’re anything like me then you’re on the hunt for similar shows that make you feel just as alive. Or you can just sit and stare at a blank TV screen, each to their own. Here’s a round up of some shows you’re guaranteed to love watching if you were obsessed with The Traitors:

The Traitors US / AUS/ NZ

via BBC iPlayer

Right this might seem obvious but just in case you hadn’t thought about it or maybe you just didn’t even know, but there are currently 19 different versions of The Traitors from around the world. Four of those are in English language – US, Australia, New Zealand and Canada and if you’ve so much as even dipped your toe into The Traitors discourse online then you know that season two of the Australian is meant to be: Wild. Definitely worth a watch.

The Trust: A Game of Greed

via Netflix

The Trust: A Game of Greed is Netflix’s latest reality game show and is similar to the banishment aspect of The Traitors. The show sees strangers battling it out to win $250,000 and rather than being eliminated, contestants are anonymously voted out each week by their peers to potentially increase their individual share of the total prize pot.

The Mole

via Netflix

Now this is a much watch and I am racing to get home tonight so I can start it after absolutely everyone and their dog raving about it online. It’s meant to be like The Traitors on steroids. The premise is probably the most similar to The Traitors than any other show,  the contestants work as a group to add money to a pot that only one of them will eventually win. Among the contestants is one person who has secretly been designated “the Mole” by the producers, tasked with sabotaging the group’s money-making efforts. At the end of each episode, the contestant who knows the least about the mole, as determined by the results of a multiple-choice quiz, is eliminated from the game. The last contestant standing wins the game and the money in the pot. The Mole originally ran on ABC from 2001 ro 2008 but was picked up and remade by Netflix in 2022. 

Snake in the Grass

shows like The Traitors

via USA Network

Now if you’re obsessed with survival shows as I am then Snake in the Grass is the The Island with Bear Grylls x The Traitors crossover you need in your life. Each episode features four contestants working together to complete challenges to win clues about the identity of the “Snake”, a hidden saboteur within the group. At the end of each episode, the contestants vote for who they believe the Snake is and split a $100,000 prize if they successfully find the Snake, otherwise the Snake receives the prize money. Just don’t get too hooked as the show was unfortunately cancelled after only one season.

The Hustler

shows like The Traitors

via ABC

Now if you loved the second to last challenge in season two of The Traitors where the contestants had to answer Qs and riddles in order to win the money then The Hustler is one of the shows just like that. It follows five contestants who collaborate to build up a cash prize by answering a series of trivia questions but one of the contestants is secretly designated as the Hustler beforehand and given the answers to all the questions. By the end of the game, two of the honest contestants have been eliminated and the other two must correctly identify the Hustler in order to stop them from winning the entire prize. There are currently two seasons available for you to binge watch back to back.

Whodunnit?

shows like The Traitors

via ABC

This is one for the true crime girlies out there. Whodunnit focuses heavily on the “murdering” aspect of Traitors as in each episode, the contestants witness a “murder” committed secretly by one of their own, and are instructed to find clues to how the murder was done and ultimately identity the murderer. Whodunnit was original a British show that ran for five years in the 1970s but there was an American remake in 2013 which you can watch in full on YouTube.

Squid Game: The Challenge

shows like The Traitors

via Netflix

Right if you haven’t already watched Squid Game: The Challenge then what are you doing? If it was the strategy, tactics and game play of The Traitors that had you in a chokehold then this Netflix show is what you need to be watching next. Squid Game: The Challenge is a reality game show remake of the Korean series of the same name. It was one of those shows that I considered doing an all nighter (on a school night!) just so I could finish it.

The Traitors UK season two is available on BBC iPlayer now. For more of the best music, reality TV and entertainment news, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook

Just a bunch of cute pics of The Traitors season two cast hanging out since filming ended

• The final ranking of everyone in the cast of The Traitors series two

• Harry from The Traitors has promised Mollie a holiday after betraying her in the final

Featured images via ABC, BBC and Netflix.