The Traitors stay cast

Um, it turns out the cast of The Traitors actually stay in a hotel next to Inverness airport

Not quite the same as staying in a castle let’s be honest

So just to clarify I wasn’t the only one who thought that the cast of The Traitors 100 per cent stayed in the gorgeous Scottish castle? Well, it turns out we’ve all been deceived because the reality of where The Traitors cast stay is very different.

It turns out they actually stay in the Inverness airport hotel. Yeah, so not exactly the same as an atmospheric castle.

Alan Cumming who hosts the US version of the show revealed that whilst the contestants get to stay at the castle during the day, at night they are taken to the hotel next to the airport.

He explained: “Spoiler alert: None of us stayed in the castle. None of us. The contestants all stayed in the airport hotel at Inverness airport. How glamorous—you come to Scotland, and you stay in the Inverness airport hotel.

“I stayed in a little house in Inverness. But I had a room in the castle where I would get made up and dressed. It had a huge bed in it. So I did actually sleep quite often, but not overnight.”

The Traitors cast stay at the Courtyard by Marriot Hotel in Inverness, which is roughly a 45-minute drive from Ardross Castle where the show is filmed.

One watcher described how they thought they saw them filming at the hotel in 2022: “I was staying here back in May 2022, no idea if it was for traitors s1, but they had guards on each corridor by all the lifts checking on people leaving their rooms. They said it was for the filming of a reality show, but refused to tell me which one.”

Apparently, that’s also why they don’t eat any of the food in the morning on series, as they’ve already eaten breakfast at the hotel. Seems like a massive waste of food tbh.

Still, the hotel is four stars and has a gym so it can’t be all bad!

The Traitors UK series two continues on BBC and iPlayer at 9pm tonight. For more like this on where the cast of The Traitors really stay, and the best music, reality TV and entertainment news, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook