The Traitors filming location

Here’s all you need to know about Ardross Castle, the location The Traitors is filmed in

Yes, the round table is really in the castle

The Traitors is next level TV that none of us have had a taste of since Trapped on CBBC. With the rules almost very similar to the CBBC programme, it has left everyone at the edge of their seats as the group send another faithful home after being duped by the traitors. But while they do all this, they are in a stunning castle in Scotland that has not got the recognition it truly deserves.

The Traitors is filmed in the Scottish Highlands in Ardross Castle, just 25 miles out of Inverness and it is incredibly fancy. According to Metro, the building was built in the 19th century in the Scottish baronial style. The castle has a number of formal gardens and 100 acres of parkland on the banks of the River Alness. The one thing the contestants can agree on in the show is just how stunning the castle really is.

The castle’s heritage dates back to the 1st Duke of Sutherland, who bought Ardross in the late 1700s and built a hunting lodge on the grounds. The castle is now owned by the McTaggart family, who acquired the estate in 1983 and began to restore the grounds. Filming of The Traitos took place within the castle and on its grounds, with challenges taking place in the nearby area.

The Traitors filming location

via BBC

There are multiple gardens and lawns, including Formal Garden and Walled Garden which have been revived due to the McTaggart family. Speaking about filming in Scotland, Claudia Winkleman said: “It felt sometimes like we were in a painting if that’s not too cheesy. On day two, we saw a double rainbow and everyone was like ‘oh my gosh’ and the crew were crying. There were baby deer, there was a beautiful heather, there were ancient trees and ancient loch. We were all taking pictures.”

She continued to say how she FaceTimed her children and on the fourth day of filming, there had been three more double rainbows. “I mean, by the end of the three weeks where we had seen 50 it was like ‘I don’t care.’ But it’s just the most beautiful landscape,” Claudia added.

Ardross Castle is privately owned so it’s grounds are not open to the general public. But you can hire the venue. You just know you’d have the wedding of the century there. The castle also has different activities including fly fishing on the River Alness and mountain bike hire.

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.