Grad lost her job crying

The grad who went viral for crying about working a nine to five has just lost her job

‘To go through the whole hiring process again is actually going to kill me’

The college grad who went viral for crying about the realities of starting a nine to five job has just lost her job.

Brielle posted a video of her crying back in October about what every single college or uni grad can relate to, struggling to adjust to a nine to five schedule and trying to have a life when you work full time.

The TikTok got over 3.6 million views and nearly 300k likes and whilst some people were heavily relating with her struggles a lot of people were absolutely ripping into her for it. A Fox News presenter called her out for “expecting to roll out of bed and have a six-figure salary” and another person said: “Aww welcome to adulthood.”

@brielleybelly123

im also getting sick leave me alone im emotional ok i feel 12 and im scared of not having time to live

♬ original sound – BRIELLE

But now Brielle has just shared a devastating update, that she has now lost the job she was crying over.

In a video on TikTok, she said: “I’m not gonna sit here and cry but I got laid off from my first grad job and the one that took me five months to find that I moved to New York City for.”

She said: “It’s not my fault” but the start-up company she was working for “didn’t have the workload or the bandwidth that they needed to train me and to give me work to do.”

She added: “It’s so disappointing. It makes you feel like you’re not good enough, and I know that I am. I’m a hard worker and my boss said I’m one of the smartest people he’s ever had working under him.

“I have a degree, I did two internships, I built a portfolio, I worked freelance out of school because I was building my portfolio. I did things for free. I have done everything I possibly could have and it still wasn’t enough.

“To go through the whole hiring process again is actually going to kill me.”

@brielleybelly123

can someone tell me im going to be okay !!!! feels like the world is ending i need a job immediatley i am feeling so lost rn like i moved for this…!?

♬ original sound – BRIELLE

She goes on to explain her frustration at how little graduates make nowadays and how for most people finishing college or uni, they don’t have enough to live on.

“The job I was working nine to five from, I wasn’t making enough to live. I don’t have a savings because of that job. The salaries that people are making after a degree now are just not ok.

“We’re working so much and I still don’t have an emergency fund. I don’t. Because I wasn’t making enough to save any of it. Everything was going towards living and expensive and commuting and everything else.”

Whilst people were ripping into the original video, lots of people in the comments were offering Brielle support after she lost her job. One person said: “I promise you, you WILL land on your feet. You WILL be okay. You WILL look back one day and realise this was all necessary to get you to where you needed to be.”

Other people sound themselves relating to her situation. One comment reads: ” I have three degrees and experience, five months post-grad I have yet to land a job and have barely been interviewed. Questioning EVERYTHING. You’re not alone.”

Another person added: “I got laid off twice this year, it’s horrible! I feel you. I’ve been doing side hustles/unemployment right now. Get on unemployment ASAP!”

She is now looking for a new job in the marketing and social media marketing industry after being laid off right before Christmas.