Dua Lipa new song album Houdini shows

Right, here’s everything we actually know about Dua Lipa’s new album

Her Instagram posts are so cryptic

It’s been a long, long, three years since Dua Lipa released her album Future Nostalgia. We survived a pandemic, had a lettuce outlast a prime minister, and still we’re listening to Don’t Start Now. It’s undeniably a massive bop but it’s time for sweet release, we beg.

Which is why, everyone absolutely lost their shit when Dua Lipa wiped her Instagram last month, before posting a seriously cryptic post, with new auburn hair, captioned: “Miss me?” Yes, more than my own mother. Now, please, release the record!

So, in case you’re also searching for answers about what new music Dua Lipa is releasing and when, here’s everything you need to know about her upcoming album and new single Houdini:

Right, when is Dua Lipa releasing her single Houdini?

The main thing Dua Lipa has been teasing on her Instagram is her new single Houdini, which is (God bless) being released on Thursday, 9 November at 11PM. The lyrics she’s posted so far are: “Catch me or I go,” and “tell me all the ways you’ll need me”. She also shared a clip with the numbers “4 8 9 9 14 15 21,” which, when translated to their equivalent letters just spell out Houdini.

And, where can I listen to Dua Lipa’s new song Houdini?

After Houdini’s release date on 9 November, we’ve got a feeling the song will be played pretty much everywhere and anywhere and available on Spotify and Apple Music etc. Until then, Dua has also released a reaaally short clip where you can hear her singing: “Think about you night and day. Maybe you could be the one to make me stay.”

The tracks got big disco vibes and, tbh, it’s got number one all over it.

Wait, has Dua Lipa announced tour dates? How can you get tickets?

So, confusingly, alongside the release of her new single, Dua Lipa has announced suprise launch shows in a few cities. But these aren’t your run of the mill gigs. “I’m putting on three surprise launch events for Houdini in London, Los Angeles and Tokyo,” she wrote on Instagram. “The first one’s going to be in my hometown, London, this Thursday!!! 🫀🫀🫀 I’m going to be inviting down some of my fans from the UK and around Europe, so keep your eyes peeled 🔐.”

Basically, have Instagram alerts turned firmly on and sign up to her newsletter because any intel we get about any of these shows is likely to be seriously last minute.

Randomly, Dua Lipa was also spotted outside the BBC building today giving people a pair of (wired) headphones to listen to her new single Houdini in front of a banner, which read: “Congratulations. You are the first person to hear Dua Lipa’s brand new song.” I’d simply pass away.

So, is Dua Lipa releasing a new album and when is it coming out?

So, Dua Lipa has actually revealed that her third album will be released in 2024 and will have some “1970s-era psychedelia” vibes, the New York Times Magazine reported. Apparently, Dua’s third album is going to be “more personal” than the records that have gone before and there’ve been repeated rumours that Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker is a producer. He has now been confirmed to have worked on the Houdini track. Brb, passing out.