Wait, people on TikTok are convinced that Taylor Swift is actually a secret spy novelist?

This might actually be too much of a coincidence

So, and bear with me here, people on TikTok are CONVINCED that Taylor Swift is actually a secret spy novelist writing under the name Elly Conway whose first book is being adapted into a film starring Dua Lipa, John Cena and Henry Cavill.

Basically, there’s this writer called Elly Conway who we know very little about. According to TikToker @chloeandpercy, “It is widely understood that Elly Conway is a pseudonym and it’s a pseudonym for someone well known.”

One of the first clues that made people suspicious was how little information was known about Elly Conway. All we know is that she is a writer supposedly from New York. Argylle is her first book and what’s weird is that it’s not even out yet and there has already been a movie made of it.

Everyone on TikTok is asking why a major production company would make a film starring big names if the book was by an unknown author with no clue as to how successful it would be.

So, the film kind of breaks the fourth wall in that the author of the book is actually in the movie. It follows the spy novelist Elly Conway who is drawn into the real espionage world when the plot of her books gets a bit close to an underground spy network.

So here are all the clues why people are convinced that Taylor Swift is actually Elly Conway, the mysterious spy novelist:

The cat backpack

Taylor Swift spy novelist

Via Netflix

The main movie poster for Argylle shows a cat in a backpack with a window, cute. The author in the film carries around said that in the little carrier. But it’s not just any cat, it’s a Scottish fold, the same breed as Taylor’s own cat, Meredith Grey. Then in her documentary Miss Americana, we see that Taylor also has a very similar vibe backpack for her cat. This has led people to think that the author is definitely Taylor.

Her jumper with the author’s name on

Taylor Swift spy novelist

Via @taylorswift on Instagram

The next bit of proof, according to TikTok, is this picture of Taylor rehearsing for her Eras tour wearing a jumper that says the author’s name! Her jumper says “Conway recording studious” and people think it’s way too much of a coincidence.

Author lookalike

Via YouTube

Apparently the film is all a bit meta because it shows the author Elly Conway writing her spy book. Elly Conway is therefore played by Bryce Dallas Howard and this is how they’re portraying her in the movie.

At the end of the All Too Well short film, Taylor plays a red-headed writer who honestly looks EXACTLY like Elly Conway here. People are freaking out because their hair is almost identical.

Her Argyle fits

Taylor Swift spy novelist

There are loads of pictures of T Swift wearing argyle at different events and in different music videos. But probably the most significant is the fact that when she released Red (Taylor’s Version), she actually sold an argyle jumper as part of her merch! This is all way too coincidental.

When she wore Dua Lipa’s necklace

Taylor Swift spy novelist

Via Instagram

So, in the Argylle film, singer Dua Lipa plays one of the main characters and in June, Dua posted this on her story after Taylor wore one of her necklaces from her Versace collection in the lover part of her set.

The 112 days theory

Okay, bear with me on this one. The film comes out 112 days after the 13th October, the day the Eras Tour went into cinemas. The 112 days theory is quite a popular conspiracy theory with Swifties who believe that she is re-recording all her old albums 112 days apart. This is after the 112 of her own songs that she lost the rights to. Wild.

The author Elly Conway also has a very low profile Insta account following 22 people and with 11.6k followers. Obviously 22 is an important Taylor number but also, the first post on her Insta is from 13th December 2022 which is actually Taylor’s birthday.

A cat quoting Taylor lyrics?

The cat which stars in the Argylle movie is called Chip and has his own Insta @chipthecat. BUT, a couple of days ago, the cat’s Instagram posted this pic of a cheerleader with the caption: “She’s cheer captain, and (we’re) on the bleachers” obviously quoting Taylor’s song You Belong With Me. Taylor, her fanpage Taylor Nation and the NFL where Travis Kelce plays were all tagged in the post. Not a cat leaving easter eggs I am going feral over this.

Featured image via Instagram and YouTube.