who is Will Best

Meet Will Best: The vibey presenter hosting Big Brother with AJ Odudu

His first presenting gig was with Kimberley from Girls Aloud

Big Brother 2023 is finally here, and ITV’s reboot has gone off with a bang. The new version of Big Brother really captures what made the golden days of the OG reality TV show so special, even whilst ushering in its new era with a brand new pair of hosts. AJ Odudu is of course one of them, a northern icon and staple on TV these days – even before her success on Strictly in 2021 but certainly since. The other is Will Best – a less familiar face but one who is rising to the Big Brother challenge like a natural so far. But who actually is Will Best? Here’s all you need to know about the new Big Brother co-host.

Will Best is 38 and from south west London

Will is 38 – which is actually blowing my mind a bit because he looks so young? He’s from Wandsworth in south west London, and as well as TV presenting he’s also written a few articles for HuffPost. One of his middle names is ‘Trevorian’… it’s giving posh.

Dating wise – he’s in a long term relationship with his girlfriend Tobi

They’ve been together 12 years and have the cutest dog ever. When Will marked their 12 year anniversary, he wrote on Instagram “12 years ago today I met this truly one in a 7.88 billion human being. She was even my first ever insta post. And if you scroll right you’ll see that, as well as being the love of my life, she’s also frighteningly true to her word.”

His first ever presenting gig was with Kimberly Walsh from Girls Aloud

I’m shaking at the camp of this. The two of them hosted a music show called Suck My Pop back in 2010?

He had his breakthrough on T4

Will Best kinda hit the mainstream when he started presenting on T4. He then did some stuff for 4Music, presented the iTunes Music Festival and also helmed a BBC show called Is This Rape? Sex on Trial which involved people discussing a specifically written drama to work out if the sexual encounter was consensual or not.

In 2022, he went on Celeb Coach Trip with Matt Richardson, and shared the coach with the likes of Tom Malone Jr from Gogglebox.

Like AJ Odudu, 2023 isn’t Will Best’s first brush with Big Brother – he used to be a regular panelist on Bit On The Side back in the early 2010s as the show jumped over to Channel 5.

To know who Will Best is is to also know he runs a Bloody Mary-in-a-can drinks business

Will Best runs a Bloody Mary drinks in a can company with his mate Will, which they set up in 2017. I’ve never drank one personally but streets say they’re pretty successful and you can buy them in Waitrose and Sainsbury’s. Gotta have a side hustle, haven’t ya?

For all the latest Big Brother, reality TV and entertainment news, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook