Gavin and Stacey cast transformations

A look at the wild transformations of the Gavin and Stacey cast 16 years on

I can’t get over how different Dawn looks

Gavin and Stacey is a national institution, and if you’re anything like me a yearly rewatch of the best British sitcom of all time is nothing short of essential. It’s been 16 years since Gavin and Stacey came to become an instant classic, and in that time the cast have done so much with their careers – here’s a look into the transformations over the years since the show became a hit.

Mathew Horne – Gavin

Gavin and Stacey cast transformations

Mathew Horne always looked boyish, but all these years later he’s kind of giving Morrissey dad vibes. Of all the Gavin and Stacey cast transformations this one feels the most inevitable.

Joanna Page – Stacey

Gavin and Stacey cast transformations

The devil herself always looked quite mumsy, but the lovely Joanna Page who should not be tarred with the Stacey brush is looking wholesome on Insta.

Ruth Jones – Nessa

Gavin and Stacey cast transformations

The true mastermind of Gavin and Stacey is living her best life signing books in 2o23 and I truly love that for her. Hope she still keeps in touch with Noel from Hear’Say

James Corden – Smithy

I mean, we all know what James Corden looks like in 2023 because for the last decade we haven’t been able to escape his mug. Unfortunately.

Alison Steadman and Larry Lamb – Pam and Mick

Pam and Mick are all time Gavin and Stacey favourites for me, and out of all the cast transformations theirs is just wholesome vibes. They’ve currently got a travel show together, picture two is taken from that. Cuties.

Rob Brydon – Bryn

From Barry Island to Sugar Daddy Ken, The Brydon getting a Barbie moment in 2023 is nothing short of iconic! Camp king.

Melanie Walters – Gwen 

The queen of eternally looking like the best mum in the world. Love!

Julia Davis – Dawn

Gavin and Stacey cast transformations

The most drastic of all – I can’t even believe this is the same woman? Dawn’s had the biggest transformation of all the lot by far. Julia Davis is the mother of comedy and we bow to her – picture two taken from a recent podcast appearance with Rob Brydon.

For all the latest celebrity relationship timelines, music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.