As her supporters deactivate their fan pages, here’s the Doja Cat controversy explained

It all kicked off on Threads!

Doja Cat has sparked controversy online after telling her fans to “get a job” after noticing some of them named her fan base Kittenz. The rapper is in the midst of a rebrand as she gears towards making different music following the success of her albums Planet Her and Hot Pink.

Over the weekend, Doja Cat called out her supporters which has led to a lot of them deleting their accounts. But how did it all start? Here’s the full Doja Cat controversy explained.

The drama stems from Doja Cat calling her two albums ‘cash grabs’

In May earlier this year the rapper called her two hit albums, Planet Her and Hot Pink, “cash grabs”.

“Planet Her and Hot Pink were cash grabs and y’all fell for it. Now I can go disappear somewhere and touch grass with my loved ones on an island while y’all weep for mediocre pop,” she wrote in a tweet.  However many people seemed to laugh it off, responding with memes to the tweet.

Doja Cat criticised her supports who call themselves ‘Kittenz’

In a now deleted social media post, Doja wrote: “My fans don’t name themselves sh*t. If you call yourself a ‘kitten’ or f**king ‘kittenz’, that means you need to get off your phone and get a job and help your parents with the house.”

When asked for clarification from a follower about their social media handle, the rapper told them to “delete the entire account”.

“Just delete the entire account and rethink everything it’s never too late,” she wrote.

When asked by a fan to express her love, she said no quite bluntly

The controversy continued when another fan account asked Doja Cat to express her love for her fans and the rapper replied: “I don’t though because I don’t even know y’all.”

The drama continued when another fan account said they had supported Doja through “thick and thin”.

“Nobody forced you [I don’t know] why you’re talking to me like you’re my mother b**tch you sound like a crazy person,” the rapper wrote on Threads.

Top fan pages for Doja Cat began deactivating their accounts

Following the fallout from her comments, Doja’s top fan pages on Twitter began deactivating their accounts. Some of the accounts include Doja HQ, The Kittens Room and Doja Cat News.

Doja Cat then deactivated her Threads account

After all the drama, the rapper then deactivated her account on Threads.

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook