MAFS Australia’s Melinda and Layton had a big row on their honeymoon which didn’t get aired

‘He said I wasn’t his type’

Married at First Sight Australia stars Melinda Willis and Layton Mills have recalled an argument from their honeymoon that producers didn’t show in the series.

During an appearance together on the Back to Reality podcast, Melinda and Layton revealed what they argued about on their honeymoon. They also shared details on how often they argued on the show off-camera and they put it down to their fiery natures.

Melinda said: “On our honeymoon, they didn’t show this, but in the honeymoon box he said I wasn’t his type because he likes natural girls. And they didn’t show it.”

Layton quickly chimed in and said: “That’s not true. That is a bit of an exaggeration.” Layton said the row happened at a time when the two weren’t getting along. He said: “When we first started, like the first few weeks, most of our bonding was done off camera because we kept fighting off camera. And our producer would get so upset, because they’d be like, ‘Guys, we can’t follow what’s happening, because last night you guys were great, this morning you don’t want to look at each other. What is going on?'”

Layton explained the initial stages of the experiment were quite hard for the pair because of their clashing personalities. He added: “We’re very similar and very combative sometimes and stubborn. So the first few weeks, navigating that was hard.”