The Bear season two cast

Here’s where you recognise the star-studded season two cast of The Bear from

Will Poulter with tattoos is so important to me

Not many people thought The Bear could be topped after season one but then season two came along and proved everyone wrong. The new season follows Carmy and the rest of the kitchen staff as they keep pushing to make their restaurant a success. The Bear season two has introduced a load of new characters who will have your jaw firmly on the floor when you recognise who they are. Will Poulter I’m looking at you.

But who else stars in season two of The Bear? Here’s where you recognise the cast and guest stars of The Bear season two from.

Jeremy Allen White – Carmy

The Bear season two cast

via FX/Hulu

Jeremy Allen White stars as Carmy in The Bear, who viewers were introduced to in season one. Carmy is successful chef who is trying to make The Bear the restaurant him and his brother always wanted.

Jeremy is best known for his role as Lip Gallagher in Shameless. Over the years he has also starred in Movie 43, After Everything and more recently will star as the lead in The Iron Claw alongside Zac Efron and Lily James.

Ayo Edebiri – Sydney

The Bear season two cast

via FX/Hulu

Ayo Edebiri has become the people’s princess and honestly, it’s understandable. Ayo plays the role of Sydney, a young chef who joined the restaurant as Carmy’s sous chef.

Ayo has starred in Dickinson and Abbott Elementary and has done a ton of voice work. Some of her voice over work includes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Big Mouth and Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse.

Ebon Moss-Bachrach – Richie

The Bear season two cast

via FX/Hulu

Richie is Carmy’s cousin who was close friends with his late brother. The pair work at the restaurant together but often butt heads, disagreeing on Carmy’s plans.

Talking about his character, Ebon said: Richie is very much the soul of the restaurant. He’s the front-facing part. He knows everybody’s name. He’s like community relations.”

Ebon has starred in a variety of TV shows and movies over the years, including The Punisher, Andor and Girls. More recently he appeared in the new Jennifer Lawrence film, No Hard Feelings.

Abby Elliott – Natalie

The Bear season two cast

via FX/Hulu

Natalie is Cary’s sister, who is the “forever fixer” of the family and has yet to decide where she stands with the restaurant. Viewers may recognise Abby Elliot for her brief role in How I Met Your Mother as well as Saturday Night Live and the Natalie Portman film No Strings Attached.

Lionel Boyce – Marcus

The Bear season two cast

via FX/Hulu

Lionel Boyce, or better known as L-Boy, plays pastry chef Marcus in The Bear who welcomes Carmy’s changes at the restaurant. Lionel hasn’t done many projects but has appeared in Loiter Squad, The Jellie’s and Jasper & Errol’s First Time.

Liza Colón-Zayas – Tina

The Bear season two cast

via FX/Hulu

Tina is a line chef who doesn’t always agree with Carmy and Sydney due to her “love of tradition”. Tina is played by actress Liza Colón-Zayas who viewers may recognise from The Woman in the Window, David Makes Man and Naked Singularity.

Edwin Lee Gibson – Ebraheim

The Bear season two cast

via FX/Hulu

Similarly to Lionel Boyce, Edwin Lee Gibson doesn’t have loads of acting credits alongside his name. Edwin stars as Ebraheim, a line cook at the restaurant who goes to culinary school in season two.

Edwin has appeared in the movies Mom and Dad, Marshall and Rounding. A lot of Edwin’s career is in theatre as he has appeared in 103 professional theatre productions since he was 16 years old.

Matty Matheson – Neil

via FX/Hulu

Neil is Carmy’s childhood friend who oftens helps the restaurant in technical difficulties. Neil is played by Canadian chef Matty Matheson. The famous chef owns six restaurants across Canada and is a two-time New York Times best-selling author.

Oliver Platt – Uncle Jimmy

via FX/Hulu

Oliver Platt stars as Uncle Jimmy, Carmy’s uncle who lent money to his late brother to help run the restaurant. The Canadian-American actor has starred in a string of movies including Lake Placid, Year One and Love & Other Drugs.

Molly Gordon – Claire

via FX/Hulu

Fans of The Bear rejoiced when it was announced Molly Gordon would be joining the season two cast. Molly plays the role of Claire, Carmy’s childhood friend who he reconnects with. Molly is best known for her roles in Booksmart, Life of the Party and Good Boys.

Will Poulter – Luca

via FX/Hulu

Will Poulter is a guest star in season two of The Bear. Will plays the role of Luca who helps Marcus with his patisserie journey. Will Poulter became a household name after starring in We’re the Millers and later went on to gain notoriety from his roles in Midsommar and The Maze Runner.

He more recently appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 as Adam Warlock, alongside Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillan.

Bob Odenkirk – Uncle Lee

via FX/Hulu

Bob Odenkirk is another guest star who appears as Uncle Lee in episode six of The Bear. His character isn’t as kind of Uncle Jimmy, especially when it comes to Mikey.

Bob Odenkirk is best known for his role as Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Over the years he has also appeared in Little Women, Fargo and Nobody.

Sarah Paulson – Michelle

Icon Sarah Paulson also appears in episode six of The Bear season two as Carmy’s cousin who lives in New York City. Viewers will recognise Sarah Paulson from her roles in American Horror Story, Ocean’s 8 and Bird Box.

John Mulaney – Stevie

via FX/Hulu

The guest stars do not stop there! John Mulaney plays the role of Stevie, Michelle’s partner, who causes chaos at the family parties each other.

John Mulaney is a famous comedian best known for his stand-up comedy shows as well as his voice over work. Over the years, John has done voice work for Big Mouth, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse and Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers.

Gillian Jacobs – Tiffany

via FX/Hulu

Richie’s ex-wife, Tiffany, is played by Gillian Jacobs and viewers are introduced to her in the Christmas flashback episode. Gillian is best known for her roles in Community, Love and Walk of Shame. She has also appeared in the Netflix Fear Street film series.

Jamie Lee Curtis – Donna

via FX/Hulu

Hollywood icon Jamie Lee Curtis guest stars as Donna in season two of The Bear and is the “fierce matriarch of the Berzatto family”.

Jamie Lee Curtis is of course, best known for her roles in the Halloween movie franchise as well as Freaky Friday and more recently, Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Jon Bernthal – Mikey

via FX/Hulu

Jon Bernthal returns to The Bear cast in season two as Mikey as is shown in flashbacks during episode six. Jon is best known for his roles in The Punisher, The Walking Dead and more recently, American Gigolo.

Olivia Colman – Chef Terry

via FX/Hulu

In a guest star appearance no one saw coming is Olivia Colman as Chef Terry in the season two cast of The Bear. Chef Terry is the head chef at the restaurant Richie learns the “values of fine dining”.

Viewers will recognise Olivia from her roles in The Crown, Broadchurch and more recently, Empire of Light.

Season two of The Bear is available to watch on Disney+ now. For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook