Lance Reddick Horizon tribute

An in-game tribute to Lance Reddick has been added to Horizon Forbidden West in latest update

‘Thank you Lance for everything you brought to the role of Sylens: your gravitas, energy, wisdom and more’

An update has been issued for Horizon Forbidden West that adds an in game tribute to honour the life of the late Lance Reddick.

The American actor was renowned and loved by the community for his role as Sylens in the Horizon franchise, originally starring in the first game Horizon Zero Dawn in 2017 then reprising his role in 2021 for the sequel.

The new Burning Shores update adds to the game a memorial garden with flowers on the very first island where Aloy crash lands her glider. Above the flowers, projected in the sky, is Lance Reddick’s name within a glowing orb.

Announcing the tribute on Twitter, Guerilla Games said: “In honour of Lance Reddick, we created a memorial to commemorate the profound impact he had on us all.

“Thank you Lance for everything you brought to the role of Sylens: your gravitas, energy, wisdom and more.

“An incomparable talent and friend. We miss you terribly.”

Lance died in March this year from heart disease following a 40 year acting career. Alongside Horizon, he was best known for starring in The Wire, Lost, and the John Wick franchise.

Burning Shores will be Lance’s final Horizon appearance but it was reported that he was actually supposed to have a much bigger part in Horizon 3 before his unexpected passing. With Sylens appearing regularly throughout Forbidden West and Burning Shores, and the game clearly setting up for a third instalment in the franchise, many fans theorised that Lance would have a major role in the yet to be officially announced Horizon 3.

An in-game tribute to Lance also appears in Destiny 2 where he played Commander Zavala. The tribute celebrating Lance’s life can be seen when players first load up the game.

The Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores update is available now. For all the latest gaming news, memes and updates follow The Holy Church of Gaming on Facebook. 

Inside the new POI locations in the brand new Fortnite jungle biome

Doctor Slone is still alive in Fortnite, so here are all the theories on how she managed it

All the new Battle Pass skins from Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3, ranked from worst to best

Featured images via Guerilla Games.