‘Zach’s my number one’: Kady spills on being ready to be ‘so chaotic’ in Love Island 2023

I don’t think any of us are ready for this

Guys, I am hyperventilating. Season two legend, Kady McDermott, is back and joining the Love Island 2023 villa. The rumours have been around for a few days, but I really never thought we’d see the day.

Ahead of joining the villa again, Kady has spilled all with Love Island, and shared what she’s going to be like as a bombshell, and which guys she has her eyes on. Here’s everything she had to say, and boy, it’s a lot.

Kady McDermott joining Love Island 2023

via ITV

‘I think I’m known from season two for being so chaotic’

Kady McDermott was havoc in the season two villa, from huge fights to iconic scenes with Scott, she brought it all. Talking about her time in the villa, she described it as “so chaotic” which is definitely something she’s going to bring to the 2023 show, too.

“Not many people can say they’ve been on Love Island, let alone have done it twice,” she said. “I think I’m known from season two for being so chaotic. People always ask, ‘Do you have regrets?’ expecting me to say yes, but I was so true to myself and I was 100 per cent authentic. I’ll still be like that now, but seven years on, I am more mature. I’m still the fiery pocket rocket but I know what I want and what I don’t want.”

She said she’s much more emotionally mature, but still has “fire in my soul”. Kady added: “Last time I got with Scott straight away and I was so ‘tunnel vision’. It’ll be interesting to see what connections I’ll form this time.”

Kady McDermott from Love Island season two

Kady in season two, via ITV

Kady has her eyes on Zach, Tyrique and Mitch

The boys better be ready, Kady’s eyes are peeled, and she’s set on a few Islanders in particular. She said: “Zach’s my number one, Tyrique on looks, but he might need his ego putting down a little bit. I also want to get to know Mitch.” She did however admit she thinks Mitch is “playing a game”.

When asked what she looks for in a partner, Kady said “age is a big thing” and “immaturity is a complete no.” She added: “I don’t like boys that are too cheeky, I just don’t trust them. Zach seems the most chilled and and is nice to look at.”

She said “personality is massive in getting to know people” but she does care for looks, too. “When you’re out you go on looks, let’s be real, that’s your first thing,” she said. “Being on Love Island, you actually get to know people. You get to know their personality, you’re with them 24-hours a day. In real life you wouldn’t be in that situation. I’d like to do it again because now I’m so big on personality. I used to just go for the best looking one and it’s never ended well, it’s why I’m single.”

‘The next person I’m with I want that to be marriage and babies’

Kady is definitely on the show for love, and said her next relationship will be who she wants to settle down with. “The next person I’m with I want that to be marriage and babies,” she said. “I don’t want to waste any more time with the wrong people – so I think I’ll be a lot pickier than what I was when I was previously in the villa. Seven years on, I think I’m allowed to be pickier now. In the villa I think I’ll take my time.”

She said she doesn’t really date much, so now she’s going to be “picky as they need to be the right person.” She said: “I want someone that acts mature, I don’t want the loudest person in the room, I want the listener and the observer.

“They’ve got to be in touch with their emotions – I hate emotionally unavailable men. I want someone that’s really family orientated, like I am. I want someone loving, caring and trustworthy. I’m just ready for the next chapter.”

via Instagram @kadymcdermott

What does Kady think of the Love Island 2023 girls?

So what does Kady think about the girls? When asked, she said: “They seem lovely! But, I’m a Virgo and I’ve never had a friend that’s a Virgo – Jess and Molly are both Virgos. They’re the two I think will either go one way or the other with me. We’ll either be very good friends, or maybe we might be a bit different.

“Catherine seems really sweet, quite a loyal friend, Whitney makes me die! You’ve got to have a funny friend. I’m quite quick with my banter so I need someone quick back. I know of Leah, through friends, she’s a bit more quiet, sweet. I like that Ella takes no shit. I liked her ‘honesty hour’. We might be quite similar. People kept saying to me on Twitter that her and Tyrique are like Scott and I from series two.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.