Colleen Ballinger controversy

A complete history of Colleen Ballinger’s past controversies and big scandals

Never forget the fake coming out tweets

YouTuber Colleen Ballinger has had a big controversy in recent weeks with a fan. However this isn’t Colleen’s first big controversy and she’s actually had a history of them in her career. Here’s a rundown of the Colleen Ballinger controversy and her biggest scandals over the years.

Miranda Sings pretending to come out as gay

Back in 2020, Colleen Ballinger came under fire after her famous character, Miranda Sings, pretended to come out as gay. On her Twitter account, she posted a misleading rainbow flag, a rainbow heart and Miranda’s makeup was also rainbow coloured.

This led a lot of her fans to believe she was coming out as gay, as the rainbow flag is for the LGBTQ+ community.

via Twitter

She turned to gay joke into being a Meghan Trainor fan

The tweet above led lots of people to believe she was coming out. But instead of releasing a brave statement about her sexuality, she just dished out a joke about being a Meghan Trainor fan.

via Twitter

Sending lingerie to her fans

Colleen Ballinger has been allegedly exposed for acting inappropriately with fans in the past. One of her fans, Adam, has claimed he had issues with Colleen previously. For instance, Colleen supposedly sent him lingerie as a joke and asked inappropriate questions when he was underage. Adam also accused Colleen of sharing too much of her personal life with him surrounding her divorce, as well as cutting him off and gossiping about him after he was given temporary control of the Miranda Sings Twitter account.

Three years ago Colleen Ballinger uploaded a video to her YouTube channel titled “Addressing Things.” In the same video she discussed the video that resurfaced from over 10 years ago that shows the creator mocking Latina stereotypes, making fat phobic comments, and telling a disturbing story about the death of her dog.

In her apology video, the segment about the underage fan starts with her explaining that the reason why she didn’t immediately respond to the allegations was because she had received a message from the fan’s mother asking her to never speak his name again. However, she believes the controversial videos were dug up in response to her silence, so she decided to open up.