Never Have I Ever ending

There’s a Never Have I Ever alternate ending that’s even more satisfying than the original

Mindy Kaling we need answers

Spoilers ahead!

When Mindy Kaling confirmed there wouldn’t be another season of Never Have I Ever after the fourth, people began to come to terms with the end of Sherman Oaks. But then in the final episode John McEnroe alludes to there being something more to Devi’s journey that viewers may get to see at some point.

While the cast have kept tight lipped on the future of the Never Have I Ever universe, Sendhil Ramamurthy, who plays Devi’s father, has revealed there was a completely different ending to the series.

In a carousel of behind the scenes photos, Sendhil shared a photo of him with Maitreyi Ramakrishnan and Jaren Lewison that no one could quite put their finger on. In response to a fan about where the photo comes from, Sendhil said it was an alternate ending they may “never” see.

“They [Devi and Ben] both go on with their lives after high school and become lawyers,” he explained. “[They] haven’t seen each other [or] been in touch in a long while. Then they come up against each other in a court case and meet for the first time. Ben turns around and says, ‘Hey David’. Devi smiles with surprise/delight and we’re left to image what happens in the future.”

The season four ending viewers all saw was Devi and Ben give things a go for real while at college. The series ended with them watching a movie and eating popcorn, suggesting they made the long distance work.

Never Have I Ever season four is now available on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.