Paige Finn split

Love Island’s Paige Turley reveals the real reason why she and Finn broke up

Well that was unexpected

Love Island winner Paige Turley has finally revealed the real reason behind her split from Finley Tapp during an appearance on Aftersun.

The 25-year-old, who won her season alongside Finley, came clean about why they had broken up after months of speculation from their followers.

“We’re still really good friends. I think we drifted apart. We did lockdown together and any and every struggle we could have faced we were faced with,” she told Maya Jama.

She continued to insist they were still friends and confirmed she was very much single. Their split was revealed last month with insiders claiming the couple realised “it wasn’t forever”.

“Paige and Finn had a really good run, but they are still super young and decided it wasn’t forever in the end,” a source told The Sun, continuing: “Paige is spending some time back in Scotland while she works out what she wants to do next.”

The couple met on the first season of winter Love Island and went on to win the show. After being crowned the winners, they were met with Covid-19 and isolated together at Paige’s home in West Lothian before moving to Manchester.

During their relationship, Finn got a tattoo of Paige’s name. “Early birthday present for Paigey,” Finn captioned the photo at the time.

Since they appeared on Love Island, Paige has being focusing on her music career and Finn recently revealed he is working as a coach at football academies.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.