‘I feel sick’: New Islander forced to comment from pre-villa lockdown over homophobic tweets

George said if he could turn back time he would take back what he said

New Islander George Fenson has been forced to comment ahead of entering the Love Island 2023 villa, after a series of homophobic tweets of his resurfaced.

In the tweets, from an account which was deleted only today, George said the f-slur, and referred to things using “gay” as a negative adjective. The tweets are from 2014, when George would have been 15-years-old.

With the show starting on Monday, George’s social media accounts are dormant, and he is in lockdown ahead of entering the Majorca villa. However, he still provided a statement about the tweets to The Sun, in which he said he feels “absolutely sick” about them resurfacing.

Speaking today, he said: “I honestly just feel absolutely sick about those tweets. They are not who I am today, they couldn’t be any further from the man I am today and you quite frankly, if I could turn back time I wouldn’t even have put those.

“To be honest with you, it’s me being really naive at that age. I made the account back in 2011, so it’s just stupidity on my behalf and doesn’t reflect on who I am today at all.”

George Fensom from Love Island 2023 accused of homophobic tweets

via ITV

The tweets being deleted today obviously wasn’t quick enough, as screenshots are already making their way around Twitter. One person asked Love Island to “remove George” from the cast, calling his behaviour “unacceptable”. Another said: “DON’T LET GEORGE STEP FOOT IN THE VILLA!! 😒😒 #LoveIsland.”

George has already found himself surrounded in controversy this week, as an ex-girlfriend of his accused him of being a “liar” and a “cheat”. In a TikTok video, she posted photos of herself and George, calling him a “cheat” and a “narcissist” amongst other things.

A source close to George told The Sun Ebony’s claims are completely untrue, and the public will see his character when he is in the villa. They said: “This is a totally inaccurate representation of who George really is and he is looking forward to viewers getting to know him properly when he is in the villa.”

Love Island 2023 kicks off on Monday 5th June at 9pm. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.