MAFS Australia Melinda

Melinda says she is ‘so upset’ with her portrayal on MAFS Australia

‘You guys wanted me off this earth’

Married at First Sight Australia bride Melinda Willis has shared with her followers how upset she is about her portrayal on the series.

During an Instagram Q&A, MAFS Australia bride Melinda was asked about her feelings towards the forever talking about “edit”.

Melinda faced backlash from viewers during the first few episodes after she began talking about her successful businesses, and has since admitted she was “shocked” by how the events were relayed to viewers.

“I was like, ‘Holy sh*t, I’m the villain. How am I the villain?'” she began. “I was freaking out and I started to prepare myself.”

MAFS Australia Melinda

via Nine Network Australia

“And then I remember going onto Twitter and there were just thousands of hate [comments]. You guys wanted me off this earth, it was not pleasant. And because I am such a nice, genuine person, it rocked my heart and my soul.”

Former MAFS Australia bride Melinda went on to say she stayed in the bed the following day because she felt “so down” about it all.

“It was hard to just pull it together because secretly and internally I was rocked,” she admitted. “That is how intense the comments can affect a human. Because you go on here and you think, ‘Oh, who cares if people don’t like me and they say something bad, I don’t know them, I’m just going to shut that out’. But it’s impossible. You can shut it out in your mind, but it bypasses into your soul.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip, iconic memes and the best quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.