Love Island stars Faye and Teddy split up

Love Island’s Faye has finally explained the real reason she and Teddy split up

Some answers at last!

It was all the way back in February when Love Island 2021 finalists Faye and Teddy announced they had split up. Now in an interview Faye has finally shed some light on what happened, and what caused them to call it a day in their relationship.

The pair had been together since the show, for around two years, and Faye has reflected on what was a “heartbreaking and difficult” break up for her. She said they were each in different places, and Teddy will “always have a special place” in her heart.

“It’s been very obvious, especially over the last few months, we just wanted different things,” she told MailOnline. “We were just in different places. And you know, relationships… they’re hard, you know, they’re hard things to maintain.

“People go through breakups every single day. People go through heartbreak every single day. It’s just part of life and it’s a really difficult situation to go through. I’m not ready. I don’t know if I will ever be ready to disclose what fully happened between us because that is between me and Teddy.

“But we just wanted really different things and, yeah, I think that’s become… you know, I wanted to continue doing my work with charity and my Guide Dogs work. And it’s just one of those things, unfortunately, and it is sad. It will always be sad and he’ll always hold a very special place in my heart.”

She concluded she and Teddy have “got to keep moving” and despite their relationship being in the public eye, they will continue to “respect our own privacy and also respect each other’s.”

Their breakup has been a bit messy so far – at first Faye posted saying it was a mutual decision “after lots of time and consideration”, but then they went back and forth with cryptic messages on social media about one another.

Amid all the split talk, Faye said on Instagram she “wished she’d trusted her gut” about things, but neither Faye or Teddy have ever explicitly said what they mean.

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.