Love Island Luca

Luca Bish says he has been ‘overwhelmed’ since Love Island in candid Instagram post

‘I feel like I’ve not had a chance to take it all in’

Love Island 2022 finalist Luca Bish has spoken out about his struggles since leaving the villa last summer. Luca came second place alongside Gemma Owen and three months later the couple announced their split.

In comparison to his co-stars, Luca’s social media presence has been fairly little, sharing photos once a month and not sharing on his story often. In a candid Instagram post, he addressed his quietness and what life has been like since appearing on the reality TV show.

via Instagram @lucabish

Underneath a post about this current trip to West Hollywood, Luca said he has “felt kind of overwhelmed” by everything. “I know I don’t post often, but I’ve felt kind of overwhelmed by it all to be honest,” he wrote.

“The journey post Love Island has gone so fast yet I feel like I’ve not had a chance to take it all in. I feel very lucky and despite the silence, I don’t take a second for granted.

“Day two in California exploring West Hollywood has been amazing. I can’t help but wish I could tell my younger self that this would all be life. Thank you for the love always.”

Luca’s friends and followers were quick to share their support for the former Islander. Co-star Jacques O’Neill wrote: “Always got you brother”, and winter Islander Ron Hall commented a number of emojis praising Luca.

Last month, TikTok users were obsessed with the possibility that Luca and Gemma had rekindled their romance. It all began after Gemma posted a clip of her lip syncing to: “I like this man so much now he got me working on my attitude. What?”

This immediately sent Lemma stans into a spiral but Gemma was quick to shut the rumours down. She said: “Sorry… this is not true!”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.