Evelyn Ellis Big Brother

This is exactly what MAFS Australia’s Evelyn Ellis was like on Big Brother UK

She has got rid of her tattoo!

It’s no secret that Married at First Sight Australia bride Evelyn Ellis was once on Big Brother UK and made it all the way to the final.

Evelyn is part of a long line of MAFS Australia 2023 cast members who appeared on reality TV before the experiment. However, none of them were on one for such an extended period of time like Evelyn.

So, was Evelyn as iconic on Big Brother as she is on MAFS Australia? Here’s everything you need to know about her time in the Big Brother house.

She starred on Big Brother UK in 2016

Evelyn Ellis Big Brother

via Channel 5

Evelyn was in the Big Brother house during its 17th season in 2016. Ahead of appearing on the show, Evelyn described herself as “the most indecisive person you would ever meet”.

In her VT ahead of the show, she said she can come across as “intimidating and stuck up”. Despite this she struck up a number of friendships and some romances while in the Big Brother house.

Evelyn was in the BB house with the likes of Jason Burrill and Lateysha Grace

Evelyn Ellis Big Brother

via Channel 5

The 17th season of Big Brother UK saw Jason Burrill win the show and Hughie Maughan finished as the series runner-up.

Some notable housemates include Lateysha Grace, Marco Pierre White Jr and controversial internet personality Andrew Tate.

Evelyn was friends with Andrew in the house and remained friends afterwards but she has since clarified they “definitely don’t keep in contact now”.

“Andrew and I were in the [Big Brother] house briefly at the same time, and he left early,” she explained.

“We stayed friends and when Andrew was in my life we were mates or whatever, he wasn’t Andrew Tate [that we know today].”

She continued: “One, he’s in jail. Two, it’s definitely my old life and I think his old life. It all kind of blew up out of nowhere.”

She had a romance with housemate Alex Cannon on the show

via Channel 5

Evelyn and fellow housemate Alex Cannon had some kind of romance after they shared a kiss before he was evicted from the Big Brother house.

Following his shock eviction, Alex told Digital Spy he wanted to “have a drink with her [Evelyn] on the outside and see what happens”.

“It’s not over,” he said at the time. “But me and Evelyn only really got close in the past couple of weeks. She was really slow to come out of her shell, so I didn’t get to know her.

“I’d definitely like to take her out and have a drink with her on the outside and see what happens – it is what it is for now.

“We only kissed for the first time, a little peck, five days ago, so we certainly won’t be walking down the aisle any time soon, bit she’s a gorgeous girl and good company.”

Evelyn came in fifth place on Big Brother UK

Evelyn made it far on Big Brother and lasted 50 days in the house. She came in fifth place and was evicted from the house alongside Jayne Connery.

She said she ‘struggled a lot’ after appearing on the reality TV show

via Channel 5

Evelyn has recently spoken about her time on the show, describing the period in time her “old life” and something she’d rather forget.

During an appearance on the We’ve Done the MAFS podcast, Evelyn said going on Big Brother UK left her with regrets.

“I struggled a lot after when I left Big Brother. I don’t think I was mentally in the right place to sign myself up to be in a situation to be so vulnerably, especially so young as well,” she said.

“I’m still living through the Big Brother stuff. Now, after signing up to marry a stranger, I’m seeing videos and pictures resurface… so for me that’s hard to rewatch. I don’t think I’m ever going to fully be completely okay with that.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.