Murder Mystery 2 filming locations

Beach paradise to Paris landmarks: Inside the incredible filming locations in Murder Mystery 2

Jennifer Aniston’s stunt double really did scale down the Eiffel Tower!

The Spitzes are back in Murder Mystery 2! The action-packed comedy film follows Nick and Audrey Spitz, played by Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, as they attend an island wedding only for it to end in a murder and a kidnapping.

The film has just as many gorgeous locations as the first film with a lot of the scenes being filmed in Hawaii and France.

These are all the filming locations in Murder Mystery 2 that you’ll soon be adding to your future vacation Pinterest board.

The film starts in Kualoa Ranch in Hawaii

Murder Mystery 2 filming locations

via Netflix

Murder Mystery 2 begins in Hawaii and a lot of the movie was filmed in O’ahu in Hawaii. According to a press brief, the first scenes of the film took place on Kualoa Ranch. The ranch is no stranger to movie sets as over the years Jurassic Park, Godzilla and even Jumanji were all filmed there.

Kualoa Ranch is a 4,000 acre private nature reserve between Ka’a’awa and Waikane. The ranch also hosts Jurassic Adventure Tour where tourists can visit the iconic filming locations.

The wedding takes place in Honolulu in Hawaii

Murder Mystery 2 filming locations

via Netflix

According to National World, the wedding Nick and Audrey attend was filmed at Lanikuhonua Lagoon in Hawaii’s capital, Honolulu. The lagoon is part of the Lanikuhonua nature preserve which features 11 acres of “beautifully maintained and well-manicured grounds”.

The Arc de Triomphe is where the Spitzes are asked to bring ransom money

Murder Mystery 2 filming locations

via Netflix

When the Murder Mystery 2 filming moved to Paris, there was a ton of iconic locations. The scene where Nick and Audrey are asked by the kidnapper to bring ransom money in exchange for their friend was filmed at the Arc de Triomphe.

Adam Sandler revealed they really did film at the Eiffel Tower

Murder Mystery 2 filming locations

via Netflix

The stunt where it looks as though Jennifer Aniston descends from 1,000 fet in the air down the side of the Eiffel Tower actually happened! Jennifer Aniston did not do the stunt and it was all amazingly done by her stunt double, Kelly Phelan.

Kelly told Netflix the stunt was “an experience I would have never put on my bucket list because I truly didn’t think it would ever be done”. “I’ve done a lot of high-wire work, but never on a world famous monument,” she said.

via Netflix

Kelly was the first female to ever jump off the Eiffel Tower and she is now in the Guinness Book of World Records for her stunt!

Adam Sandler also confirmed the stunt was very much real. While on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Adam Sandler said: “Jennifer falls off the Eiffel Tower in it. It was very cool. They did it at like two in the morning because when you go to Paris you go to see the Eiffel Tower.

“So they were like, ‘You can shoot there, but do it at like two in the morning’, so we’re not ruining everybody’s time.”

When the Spitzes see a man walking into a burning car, they are in Les Cailloux

via Netflix

Another iconic Parisian location was the restaurant Les Cailloux. The restaurant is in the background when the couple see a man walk into a burning vehicle. Pretty standard for a murder mystery movie!

Director Jeremy Garelick said he wanted to including these filming locations in Murder Mystery 2 due to the effect of lockdown. He said he wanted “every scene in every location to be extravagant and to give the audience and opportunity to escape and see the world when they’ve been locked in their house.”

The Love Lock Bridge is where Nick and Audrey renew their vows

via Netflix

In a romantic moment in the film, Nick and Audrey end up renewing their vows. The scene takes place at the Love Lock Bridge. The bridge is famously known for tourists writing their names on a padlock and attach it to the bridge before throwing the key into the river.

This is all super wholesome but it is now illegal to attach a padlock to the bridge in Paris because the locks megan to compromise the bridge’s structural integrity.

Murder Mystery 2 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.