This is exactly how much the MAFS Australia cast get paid to be on the show

Spoiler alert, it isn’t a lot

Former Married at First Sight Australia contestants have revealed just how much cast members are paid while they film the show.

With the current Australian season airing on E4, there are a lot of questions UK viewers have about the behind the scenes of the show.

Former couple Jules Robinson and Cam Merchant, who are now happily married have a child together, have spilled on just how much they made while filming the experiment.

via Channel 4

Speaking to The Times, Jules and Cam said the cast members are given $150 AUD, which is around £83 per day. The usual length of the experiment lasts for eight weeks, meaning cast members can earn up to $8500 for staying on the show until the end.

Former cast member Nasser Sultan, also confirmed this. He said: “You get $150 for the day, that’s it. But on top of that, you have to pay expenses – your living expenses with the woman that you marry. It’s not $150 clear. You still have to pay rent if you’re renting, you’ve got to pay your rego and it’s 12 hour filming days.”

If a cast member is working full-time, they have to take time off or quit altogether. This can lead to cast members losing out on a lot of money as they are not making their usual monthly wage.

How much are they paid on MAFS Australia

via Channel 4

Jessika Power, who was on Married at First Sight Australia in 2020, explained some people wanted to leave. She said: “You’re living off like 150 bucks a day so I think that was it as well. To be fair, Mick wanted to go for a really long time. He wanted to go back to his farm, back to his animals and he wanted to just go back to work.

“He lost a lot of money being there, we all did actually. We didn’t earn a lot of money doing the show. Also you can’t work until the show finishes airing, and you’ve done all your publicity and that’s like a month.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.