A rundown of all the drama between Sandy and Dan on Married at First Sight Australia

Sandy deserves better

Sandy and Dan were the third couple to wed on Married at First Sight Australia and after a truly stunning wedding, their relationship seemed to take a turn for the worse and they eventually left the experiment together.

A lot took place between the couple before they decided to leave Married at First Sight Australia, from dishonesty to a lack of sexual attraction. Here is a rundown of all the drama between Dan and Sandy on Married at First Sight Australia.

Dan confessed he wasn’t sexually attracted to Sandy

During Married at First Sight Australia’s commitment ceremony, Dan confessed he wasn’t sexually attracted to Sandy, blindsiding her due to them being intimate when the cameras weren’t rolling.

Speaking to Nine, Sandy said: “If someone is kissing you and giving you cuddles, you’re going to think that person is attracted to you. I didn’t think that was an issue. I know it may have looked like there was a lack of sexual chemistry there, but a lot of that is my inability to show public displays of affection. I was very open with Dan about this from the start.”

Sandy and Dan Married at First Sight Australia

via Nine Network Australia

The butt dial scandal

It seems pretty ridiculous that anyone would make a butt dial in 2023 but here we are. Dan and Sandy were thrown into chaos after a bride overheard Dan say some nasty things about Sandy on a night out.

The drama began when Evelyn told her husband Rupert he had accidentally rang her while on a night out with some of the grooms and she overheard some unkind comments about two of the brides. Evelyn felt she had to tell Sandy about what she overheard on the phone.

“I’m about to tell you something that I think you would want to know,” Evelyn said. “Over the weekend some of the husbands went out to drink. Rupert butt-dialled me, he pocket-dialled me. I could overhear the conversations between a couple of the boys very clearly, and they weren’t saying very nice things about their wives – particularly Dan.”

via Nine Network Australia

Sandy was shocked by the claims because Dan told her he was with his daughter. Evelyn continued: “He was insinuating that he is too good for this experiment and too good for you. Once I asked Rupert what was going on, he told me he was showing all the boys photos of his ex-girlfriends, like boasting about how hot his ex-girlfriends were.”

Sandy admitted she was “glad” Evelyn told her about the comments. She said: “I came here with such high hopes that I’d meet someone, that he would respect me and he’d love me for who I am. I went against my parents. My dad’s biggest concern was that I would come here and I would be disrespected, and that’s f***ing exactly what happened. I’m just broken.”

Dan did address the scandal and in an interview with Nine, he revealed his side of the story. “I caught up with the boys and we were all talking about our relationships,” he began. “There were some conversations that sort of turned into, ‘You must have a bit of a type, you’re from the Gold Coast.’

via Nine Network Australia

“I was just like, ‘I don’t actually have a type from the perspective’ – and that’s when I whipped out my phone and was showing a few photos of other partners that I actually had a bit more of a serious relationship with. I have regrets over doing that, and I’ve apologised to Sandy and I’ll continue to do that.”

They eventually left the experiment

Dan and Sandy eventually made the decision to leave the Married at First Sight Australia experiment after they realised their relationship could not be salvaged.

Dan told the experts at the commitment ceremony he wanted to be with someone who loved going to the beach, something Sandy couldn’t do because she was allergic to the ocean. His final words were: “The beach and the ocean is calling me, I have to go home.”

via Nine Network Australia

Sandy admitted she noticed red flags at the beginning of the beginning of the experiment but didn’t bring it up due to her not having a relationship before. She said: “Because I hadn’t had a relationship before, I thought every relationship is a sense of compromise, no one is going to be perfect.

“But I think it’s weighing up how much you’re willing to compromise and what those red flags are. It’s about how you feel, too. If you don’t feel good around someone, they’re probably not your person.”

Married at First Sight Australia airs tonight at 9pm on E4 and All 4. For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.