Who is Mikayla Nogueira? The beauty TikToker whose face and eyelashes are all over your FYP

She’s living my dream life

Mikayla Nogueira has been all over our For You Pages recently due to her latest drama over eyelashes. Yes, eyelashes. The makeup artist has been accused of lying about a mascara by wearing fake eyelashes. Quite petty really.

Now you’ve realised where you recognise her from, there’s a lot more to the beauty guru other than lashlighting. Mikayla has been in the social media game for a while, but it was TikTok that helped her following grow to new heights. So while you think about if the mascara really is that good, here’s everything you need to know about TikTok star and makeup artist Mikayla Nogueira.

via Instagram @mikaylajmakeup

Mikayla is 24 from Massachusetts in the USA

Mikayla is a 24-year-old makeup artist from Massachusetts in America. She was raised in East Freetown and went to Apponequet Regional High School. She is best known for posting makeup tutorials on social media and has an impressive following across TikTok and Instagram.

She started posting makeup content on Tumblr 10 years ago in 2013 and she was successful. Mikayla also had a YouTube channel but took it down and before 2020 she focused on university.

She started TikTok in 2020 during the pandemic

In March 2020, Mikayla began making videos on TikTok due to her being bored during the Covid-19 pandemic. She first started videos on her family’s farm and then went viral after taking part in The Catfish Challenge and just eight months on TikTok, Mikayla had 2.8 million followers.

via Instagram @mikaylajamakeup

She now posts tutorials, makeup routines, reviews and other beauty videos toher 14 million followers. In December 2020, Mikayla won the American Influencer Award for Emerging Makeup Artist.

She has 16 million followers combined on Instagram and TikTok

Mikayla has 14.4 million followers on TikTok and it is growing every day, and she has accumulated over one billion likes on the app. She also has 2.5 million followers on Instagram. Both her followings accumulate to an impressive 16.9, almost 17 million followers.

via Instagram @mikaylajmakeup

She studied at Bryant University

Mikayla studied at Bryant University in Rhode Island and she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in communications in 2020. While at university, the makeup artists interned at a radio station. She initially started graduate school in 2020 but later dropped out because she found out she would of had to study part time due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Mikayla and her boyfriend Cody got engaged in 2021

In November 2021, Mikayla Nogueira announced she was engaged to her boyfriend Cody in a wholesome TikTok video.

The TikToker has been letting her fans in on her wedding journey and has shared videos of her trying on her wedding dress. Speaking about himself, Cody said: “I like building things for people. I mean, being able to build things and to see the satisfaction on people’s faces.”

Her love for makeup began at just 10 years old

Mikayla has previously opened up about when her love for makeup started. When she was 10 years old, she bought Avon products from her mother’s friend and at first started with simple routines and later became very skilled.

via Instagram @mikaylajmakeup

She has been embroiled in a couple of scandals while on social media

If you hadn’t heard of Mikayla before now, you will have definitely recognised her ridiculous eyelash drama. The TikToker posted a video raving about a new mascara and added a coat to her eyelashes and after a few coats she had very long eyelashes.

Loads of fans of the TikTok star has said Mikayla was wearing false lashes, but she said it only proved her point about how good the mascara is. I guess we’ll never know!