hiccup effect explained

TikTok says this guy has the ‘Hiccup Effect’ so here’s a rundown of what it actually means

I need answers now

I don’t know about you but I feel major FOMO when I open up a comment section on a viral video and everyone is talking about something that I’ve never heard before. Watching a video on TikTok and feeling really confused isn’t uncommon. And this time, people are talking about the ‘Hiccup Effect’ in relation to one specific guy and it’s confusing, so here it is explained.

What is the ‘Hiccup Effect’ on TikTok?

Okay so it all started when TikToker @stevenisanonymous shared a video where he is seen mouthing the words to MIKA’s Big Girls (You Are Beautiful). His caption is a simple “throwback” and nothing else. Steven has over 530,000 followers on TikTok and his video has had almost two million views.

The top comment says “The Hiccup Effect” and has over 17.8k likes. The next comment is asking what we’re all thinking: “Bro, what is the Hiccup Effect?”. So here’s the answer.

The Hiccup Effect refers to Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon. Yes, a movie for children. A load of people thought this guy Steven looked like a character called Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon.

However it’s got an even deeper meaning too. It’s another phrase for “glow up.” One user says the ‘Hiccup Effect’ refers to a glow up between movies too. Essentially it’s a mess so the best we can offer is this guy looks like the character from How To Train Your Dragon had a glow up.