Shannon Martin The Apprentice

Here’s the real reason why Shannon decided to walk out of The Apprentice last night

I was so shook at last night’s double exit

Last night’s episode saw Shannon Martin quit The Apprentice but she didn’t really give a full reason. Shannon has since shared her reasons for quitting the show following her shock exit in the boardroom.

Shannon, a bridal boutique owner from West Yorkshire, told Lord Alan Sugar: “Lord Sugar if I may. I’ve made the difficult decision to leave the process. Unfortunately I just don’t feel like this is the environment for me. But I was to say a massive thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity.”

It’s safe to say Lord Sugar wasn’t massively taken aback, he said: “Oh, okay. That’s your decision. Thank you for coming and I wish you all the best for your future.” He then added to the rest of the remaining candidates, “Well that was a bit of a surprise for everybody but I think it’s an endorsement that this is a very tough process.” Shannon has since spoken out about why she quit The Apprentice, here’s what she has said.

This is why Shannon Martin quit The Apprentice last night

Shannon said: “During the bao bun task, I was there in the kitchen thinking ‘Why am I here? What am I doing here making bao buns in a kitchen when I can’t cook as it is?’ I just felt like I couldn’t focus on the tasks because I was constantly thinking about what was going on at home.”

She continued: “What’s happening with the business? Is everything okay? I knew in the back of my mind that of course everything would be okay, the team is amazing. But I’m a perfectionist. I need to know what’s going on all the time and not being able to know how things were going on at home or what was happening at work was really hard for me. The unknown is definitely not something I’m good at. The more I thought about it, the more I thought ‘Am I in here for the right reasons? Do I really want a business partner? Is this what I want? Do I want my life to change?”

Shannon said going on The Apprentice made her realise how much she loves her life, her team and everything about her life. She added: “I knew that I could potentially win the show, and did I really want to win and have my life completely changed? No, I didn’t. I wasn’t in there for the right reasons. The other candidates are just amazing and there are so many amazing businesses there that I felt they deserve to win. I’ve also got a very successful business. I just felt there were more deserving people than me and it was not right for me to stay in the process.”

The Apprentice 2023 continues at 9pm on Thursdays, on BBC One and iPlayer. For all the latest reality TV news, gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.