Introducing Ron Hall: The 25-year-old who is Love Island’s first partially sighted Islander

He’s described himself as ‘the most genuine person you’ll meet’

This is your official one-week countdown to Love Island 2023! The cast for the new series has been announced, and it’s starting to get exciting. Among those confirmed for the winter Love Island 2023 villa is Ron Hall, who has definitely got some of us talking.

Ron will be the first ever partially sighted Islander the show has cast, and ahead of his villa stint he’s shared a bit more about his life, dating, and wanting to talk about his eye injury with his fellow Islanders on the show.

Here is everything you need to know about Ron Hall, as he makes his way into the Love Island 2023 villa.

Ron Hall from winter Love Island 2023

via ITV

Ron is 25 and from Essex

25-year-old Ron Hall is from Essex and works as a financial advisor.

Ron said he will bring fun and charisma to the Love Island 2023 villa

When asked by ITV what he’ll bring to the Love Island villa, Ron said fun and charisma. “I just want to be naturally myself in there, have good times and make memories,” he said. “I think people will enjoy my company.”

via Instagram @ronhall__

He is the first ever partially sighted person to be cast on Love Island

Ron joins the Love Island 2023 cast as the first ever partially sighted Islander. He lost sight in one of his eyes following an injury playing football when he was younger. He has said being partially sighted has “added to his character” and is “a good conversation starter”.

“On meeting me, you’d never know I am blind in one eye,” he said. “It was the result of a football injury when I was eight. I went in for a header and got kicked in the face. I’ve got two different coloured eyes, one blue and one green. It’s added to my character, there are so many people that are worse off than me. And if anything, losing something like that makes you realise that. It’s not hindered me in any shape or form. It’s a good conversation starter I must admit.”

via Instagram @ronhall__

Ron apparently wants to talk about his disability whilst on Love Island

Ron was rumoured to be part of the Love Island cast before the official lineup was released, with a source telling The Sun he’s “sports mad” and wants to open up about his eye accident whilst on the show. They said: “The casting team is excited by the signing. It’s a really positive move to have more diversity on-screen, especially as there are so few blind people on telly.

“Ron is great guy, he’s got loads of mates and is sports mad, he loves golf and has recently taken up boxing. He’s keen to meet new people and, hopefully, find love. He’s also really open about his disability and is hoping to raise awareness and help others by discussing it on screen.”

Ron took up boxing quite recently

Is his free time, Ron is a boxer, and he competed in his first fight in December. “If you work hard in training, the fight is easy… well it weren’t for me,” he said on Instagram, after his first time in the ring.

‘I’m the most genuine person you’ll meet’

I fear we may have a Georgia Steel “loyal babes” situation on our hands here, because in his initial interview, Ron has said he is genuine twice back to back. When asked why someone might want to date him, Ron said: “I’m the most genuine person you’ll meet. I’m genuine, caring and I’m a nice person – which you don’t find these days.”

Ron currently has 3.7k followers on Instagram

Right now, Ron has 3.7k followers on Instagram, which will obviously increase dramatically when he’s on the show. He only has eight posts, so you can’t really gather much about him from his feed. He has some pictures with friends, and one carousel post of him in front of loads of trainers. Interesting?

As was announced last week, Islanders won’t be giving friends and family access to their Instagram accounts for regular posting this year. Instead, their social media accounts will remain inactive for their duration in the villa. Right now, Ron’s bio reads: “I’m off to find love in the Love Island villa. See you soon!” If you do want to follow Ron in the meantime, his handle is @ronhall__.

Winter Love Island 2023 starts on January 16th. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.