Man stabbed near Leamington bandstands in the Pump Room Gardens

Two men have been arrested following the incident

Last night, a man was stabbed near the Leamington Spa bandstands in the Pump Room Gardens.

He was left with “multiple wounds” and is now being treated at hospital.

A 999 call was made at 8:17pm (February 21st) to report the incident. Soon after, emergency services arrived at the scene and the man was taken to hospital.

A Warwickshire police spokesperson told The Warwick Tab: “His injuries are not believed to be life threatening”.

Two men have been arrested in connection with the incident. They have not yet been identified and as of this morning remained in police custody.

The Leamington Spa bandstand area has been cordoned off since the incident while investigations are taking place.

Warwickshire Police said: “The incident is contained and officers believe there is no risk to the wider public – but we will maintain a strong presence in the area to reassure residents”.

One student at the University of Warwick was on their way to and from the gym when they came across the scene. They told The Warwick Tab: “On my way to the gym, the whole situation seemed really tense. There was a woman crying on the bench and a police officer was comforting her. When I was coming back, I found that the whole section was cordoned off by police. There were lots of police vehicles and it had clearly been closed off for investigation.”