18-year-old arrested after bringing a knife into a Nottingham night club

No injuries were reported

A man has been arrested after he was found to have brought a knife into a Nottingham night club.

The 18-year-old was detained by security of the city centre venue after he was found to have brought a knife onto the premises shortly before 3am on Friday 6th January, West Bridgford Wire reports.

Police attended the scene and the teenager was arrested on suspicion of possessing a knife in a public place. When searched in custody, he was also found to be in possession of a small amount of cannabis and was further arrested.

Inspector Paul Gummer, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “Thankfully no-one was injured during this incident. Thanks to the timely actions of door staff and police officers, the suspect was prevented from causing a risk to anyone else.

“As a force, we treat knife crime extremely seriously and, like the communities we serve, we believe there is no place for weapons on our streets.

“We will not tolerate people carrying knives in Nottinghamshire. It is not acceptable behaviour in any circumstances, and you are more likely to become a victim of knife crime yourself if you choose to carry a knife.

“Ultimately carrying a knife can have tragic consequences, which is why Nottinghamshire Police is committed to tackling this crime type. We continue to work tirelessly to keep people safe and take knives off the streets.”

Lenton based vegan restaurant 13th Element announces closure due to cost of living crisis

• Notts grad who’s on The Apprentice made a song about the first episode and I’m dead

• Eight New Year’s resolutions that Notts students should definitely stick to, but won’t