Eight New Year’s resolutions that Notts students should definitely stick to, but won’t

New year, new me?

It’s that time of year again. The dust has settled after New Year’s Eve, the Christmas food supply has dried up and a sense of overwhelming dread has begun to kick in. The January blues bring promise of piling assignments, exams to revise for and the realisation that you have to try and be a better person (for a bit at least). So, in the spirit of seasonal depression, here are all the Notts related new year’s resolutions you will probably not stick to.

Say no to Sheaves

Picture this: you’re locked in your room, drowning in essays, a message appears on your phone, it simply reads: Sheaves? We know the temptation of an ice-cold beer slipping down your throat may be too much to resist, but you have to stay strong. Just think of the mega night out you will have when this is all over.

Delete the Domino’s app

Everything in moderation! Trust us, your bank account will thank you later. Besides, there’s always Mega Munch if you’re on a budget.

Don’t text your ex after Crisis

We get it, you’re drunk, emotional and you miss the warm embrace of someone who cares, but trust us you will have serious regrets in the morning. We recommend setting your lock screen to a picture of previous drunk messages to avert you from ever committing this embarrassing act again.

Give David Ross a visit

Honestly, the staff must be lonely at this point. Why don’t you pop in and remind them you care?

Explore Notts

We are so lucky to live in this amazing city with so much to see and do. Make a bucket list of all the places you want to visit in Notts before it’s too late.

Fix your sleeping pattern

That 9am lecture isn’t going to do itself. Time to make the alarm app your best friend.

Dust off your cookbook

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of pesto pasta, but now and again it’s nice to widen your horizons before you start to eat, sleep and breathe pesto.

Take uni seriously

A classic resolution that often gets completely abandoned in favour of getting trollied, sleeping in or binging Netflix. We get it you’re “here for the experience” but at least get to know your personal tutor’s name.

Joking aside, it’s important to remember that there is no such thing as the perfect student. As long as you embrace university for what it is and the opportunities that come your way you are bound to have few regrets. So, here’s to saying yes this 2023. Good luck!

Meet the Uni of Nottingham grad who is set to star in The Apprentice tonight

Three men stabbed outside Nottingham nightclub Mojo on New Year’s Eve

If you got any of these presents for Christmas then you’re officially a Notts student