Snow in the Toon: Spring is yet to spring

And there you all were thinking it’s finally gilet weather…

Despite enjoying a relatively warm(ish) few weeks in the North East, and spring being well and truly underway, the Newcastle weather gods clearly did not get the memo…

It is seven days into March, and students across the Toon have woken up to snow-dusted rooftops and lethal icy block pavements. A handful have even had a slip or two on the deceiving black ice polishing the streets of Newcastle.

I know many of you (myself included) may have thought it was once again time to shove The North Faces’ into the very back of the wardrobe until next winter and whip out the rah gilets, but my friends, I am afraid that gilet season is yet to make an appearance.

So, keep hold of your North Faces and perhaps opt for your grippiest footwear for the time being because this freak weather appears to be sticking around.

But, what does a student in Newcastle do on a snowy day like today? We are all debating whether to go up to Town Moor with a random makeshift sledge from the cupboard under the stairs or be a sensible student and go to your lectures, and enjoy the snow tonight when its all melted away.

Well, we know what we’d opt for, but we’ll leave that monumental dilemma up to you…

Happy snow day everyone!

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.