Here is what costume students from each London uni would put on for Halloween

We all know where the suit guys go

You’ve waited all year for today. All the social norms about how you “should” dress go out the window as you embrace something more provocative or, gasp, scandalous. Is your all white outfit an angel, a baby, or ketamine? You can be anything, and the options are endless.

But what you dress up as says a lot about you, and even which uni you go to.

Here’s the definitive guide to spot students from different London unis amongst the ghosts, witches, and whatever’s at your Halloweekend parties.

LSE

A black suit, red tie, fake blood and a massive ego are all that the average LSE student needs for the classic Patrick Bateman costume.

Having finished an Insight Day in the city at 3pm, he came straight to campus (having already missed all their classes) so his friends could ask why he was wearing a suit. Firming the immense discomfort, he “can’t be bothered” to get changed and grabs the opportunity to flaunt to everyone at the party that he is a real life American psycho.

UCL

UCL students are a mix, really. You might see a few wearing purple head to toe or, god forbid, some kind of UCL merch. The people who showed up actually trying to look good probably go here, too.

But you know you’ve found a gem if you see Jeremy Bentham in the mix – bonus points if they go as far as getting his straw hat from the Student Centre.

KCL

A queen from King’s will make the most of the night to wear her army green josie top from Urban Outfitters and camo skirt to call herself a military girlfriend.

Alternatively, for those fuming at the War Studies stereotype, a white T-shirt with a massive “UCL reject” sticker front and centre also works. It’ll scare everyone at the party from talking to them, scared away by their not-so-hidden inferiority complex.

Imperial College London

Assuming that Imperial students are even getting invited to any parties (or that they have the time to party on a weekday) is a bold move.

For the sake of hypothesis, they’d simply grab their lab coat and goggles from their bedside table and call it a costume. And if you see them getting anything into their system during the night, it’s definitely for scientific purposes only.

UAL

These students can be nothing and everything at the same time. I can see a heavily torn garbage bag, perhaps adorned with a few gems, turned into a makeshift dress. Their costumes exist in an abyss – an abstract concept (read: Anything to stand out).

SOAS

This is a tough one. They’ll probably find something problematic about every single thing they could’ve dressed up as, and I won’t even be surprised if they have some “boycott Halloween” movement going on right now for whatever reason.

What is certain, though, is that they’ll not culturally appropriate any outfits.

Maybe they’ll just come in their unofficial uniform: A protest banner in one hand and a loudspeaker in the other.

University of Westminster

I nearly forgot about them, so a classic Barbie and Ken couple costume will do.

Imperial College revealed as second largest beneficiary of fossil fuel funding among UK universities

• London students demand 100 per cent plant-based catering in multi-campus protest

• Queen Mary University now runs a literary course on the works of Taylor Swift