New year, new writers! Try something new and become part of The Tab Lincoln team in 2024

Come along to our open meeting Tuesday 23rd of January at 4:30pm

Want to start writing but don’t know where to start? Or maybe you’re interested in news around Lincoln and the university and want to get more involved in spreading the word. In the spirit of new year, new you, why not make joining The Tab Lincoln a New Year’s resolution for 2024?

We give you the opportunity to write about all aspects of student life at Lincoln. We want to welcome writers interested in a range of topics and styles. Whether that’s writing about clubbing until the early hours, big student news from the uni, letting others know about your favourite hidden Lincoln spots, or letting students know about issues you care about, we want students to write about it all. And the best part? You don’t need any experience at all.

So what kind of things do we actually write?

Features

Feature stories are the articles that really show students what life in Lincoln is all about. From Lincoln’s most cringe red flags to the five stages of studying in the university library, and not to mention our clubbers of the week rankings, features are fun, comedic stories that celebrate all things student at Lincoln. And they are a great way to have some fun writing while boosting your comedy skills.

News

These are the stories that let students at Lincoln know what’s going on around campus, from the weird and wacky to the breaking news stories we know students care about. We cover everything, from over 500 students protesting for womens saftey in the city to big news about the University of Lincoln winning the Queens Anniversary prize for its research in technology and agriculture.

Writing for The Tab Lincoln not only lets you see your work get published and boost your CV in the process but is also a great way to make like-minded writer friends. All the while you’ll be improving your writing skills and finding your own voice with every article you write, with no strict deadlines and a world of possibility when it comes to writing topics.

So what do you have to do to join?

Joining our team is easy! We don’t judge based on course or writing skill, everyone who wants to give it a go is welcome. Our only requirements are:

• Be a student
  • Be studying at Lincoln
  • Enjoy writing

Sound like a good way to start the new year? Then come join us at our open meeting at the Swan at 4:30 pm on Tuesday 23rd of January!

For any more information about how to join our team, feel free to DM us on Instagram @thetablincoln