The Tab Lincoln needs new writers and we want you!

Come along to our open meeting Tuesday 26th September at 4pm

Have you ever wanted to write and have your work read by people other than your friends and family? Or maybe you’ve always wanted to give writing a go and just didn’t know where to start. Then you’ve found your starting line here, as the Tab Lincoln is looking for new writers to join our team!

We give you the opportunity to write about all aspects of student life at Lincoln. We want to welcome writers interested in a range of topics and styles. Whether that’s writing about nights out, news around campus, hyping up the latest new coffee shop, or letting students know about issues you care about, we want students to write about it all.

So what kind of things do we actually write?

Features

Feature stories are the articles that really show students what life in Lincoln is all about. From ranking the ultimate student night out in Lincoln from start to finish to imagining how every uni building would slide into your DM on vibes alone, features are fun, comedic stories that celebrate all things student at Lincoln. And they are a great way to have some fun writing while boosting your comedy skills.

News

These are the stories that let students at Lincoln know what’s going on around campus, from the weird and wacky to the breaking news stories we know students care about. We’ll be covering all the latest news on any strike action at the university as well as university news such as 500 Lincoln students being forced out of their accommodation due to fire safety concerns

Writing at the Tab not only lets you see your work get published and boost your CV in the process but is also a great way to make like-minded writer friends. All the while you’ll be improving your writing skills and finding your own voice with every article you write, with no strict deadlines and a world of possibility when it comes to writing topics.

So what do you have to do to join?

Joining our team is easy! We don’t judge based on course or writing skill, everyone who wants to give it a go is welcome. Our only requirements are:

• Be a student
  • Be studying at Lincoln
  • Enjoy writing

Sound like the opportunity for you? Then come join us at our open meeting at the Swan at 4pm on Tuesday 26th September!

For any more information about how to join our team, feel free to DM us on Instagram @thetablincoln