Lancs students: Here’s a complete guide to events at the university this month

There’s so much to get involved in!

Lancaster University is never short of exciting events for students to get involved in throughout the year. We have collated a list of all the biggest events on campus over the next month to make sure students can get involved in as much as they want!

Fylde College guide dogs charity fundraiser

Fundraiser Fest is being hosted by Fylde college on Wednesday 21st February between 11am and 4pm. It is free, but donations will be appreciated. This event will be a fundraiser event for The Guide Dogs, and the planned activities for students will include: visiting guide dogs in attendance, alpacas, an ice cream van, miniature petting zoo, society performances, and other games and activities. There will also be a raffle. You can find the link to their JustGiving page here.

Lancaster Marrow Swabathon

Lancaster Marrow is holding a campus wide Swabathon on 8th March to recruit new donors. This will involve people doing a simple swab test, similar to that of a covid test, to see whether or not the volunteer could be a valid bone marrow donor, and could potentially help save lives.

Lancaster Orchestra concert

The Lancaster University Orchestra will be holding a concert on the evening of 16th March in the Chaplaincy. Open to all music lovers, this one isn’t to be missed!

Festival of Arts

Lancaster Acapella and LUsing will be collaborating to bring together a festival of arts on March 10th, which will see performances from many of the university’s performing arts societies. As well as this, they are throwing another concert, in Cartmel, on 29th February.

Lancaster Motorsport Society Night

Lancaster Motor Sport Society will be hosting a society night on 28th February, which will be a big social for lots of societies to get involved in. Further details can be found on the Lancaster Motor Sport Instagram.

Criminology Ball 2024

Lancaster Criminology society will be hosting its annual ball on Friday 8th March. This is open to everyone but there are limited tickets available for people who are interested in attending. This event is taking place at Barton Manor Hotel at 6:30pm, tickets purchasable here

Related articles recommended by this writer: