Here are the cheapest nights out in Cardiff right now

£1 WKDs are finally returning to Quids In and Boom is offering 50 per cent off on Sundays

Are you already into your overdraft this term? Just had to pay three months’ worth of rent all at once? Cost of living crisis leaving you with empty pockets? We found a selection of venues and events so you can enjoy your university nights on a budget, so you’ll never have the dreaded FOMO again.

Quids In! at Pryzm

Starting off strong with a no-brainer, Monday night at Pryzm. Located in a central hub for club nights in Cardiff, QuidsIn, by Move Together, have some of the cheapest drink prices in the Welsh Capital. With tickets from a mere £1 per person, you and your friends are guaranteed an exciting kick-off to the week. According to Move Together, it’s £1 shots, £1.50 bombs, £1.50 singles, and £2.50 doubles. Whatever it is you’re into, Quids In is an ideal choice for just about everybody. Paired with R&B, House, and a fair amount of Cheesy Dance music. Best of all, £1 WKDs are finally returning to Quids In, what’s not to love?

Sundays at Boom Battle Bar

If you haven’t been to boom, you’re missing out. On Sundays they offer 50 per cent of all drinks, £1.50 Jägerbombs, pints starting at £1.75 and it’s £2.50 for a double. The smoking area outside is where it’s all at with loads of seating for socialising, and Sundays get pretty busy too so there’s lots of people to talk to.

YOLO at Cardiff Student Union

Win or lose, you’re on the booze. An iconic night out for every Cardiff Uni student has to be no other than YOLO on a Wednesday night. With the popularity of these sports and social nights growing drastically since the first term began in September 2022, the SU has been left with no choice but to take drastic measures to ensure everyone can enjoy Wednesday nights, whether that be with friends, societies, or sports teams. Some events have been ticketed and sold out in minutes; some events have resulted in queues stretching for miles down Park Place; and most events require pre-drinking on the coach back from an away game to guarantee you’re prepared for a messy night of celebration (or drowning your sorrows). With the likes of JLS’s Marvin Hulmes, Radio 1’s Scott Mills, and iconic duo Dick and Dom, YOLO night always provides the best DJs and entertainment for us students. To top it all off, it’s a mere £2 for a VK or a Jungbomb.

The Vulcan Lounge

Fan of a singsong on a Friday night to bring in the weekend? The Vulcan is an affordable pub on Cathays’ Wyverne Road and conveniently hosts an Open Mic night from 7pm on a Friday evening. There’s always a cracking deal for drinks, as well as alternative interior design, making this venue both wallet-friendly and edgy.

Las Iguanas

Every day is a happy hour at Las Iguanas. For those that are into something a little more upmarket, cocktails and love an excuse to dress sophisticatedly, Las Iguanas is usually a go-to. With the ultimate Latin-American vibe, it offers a legendary happy hour menu with 2for1 cocktails all day, every day from £5.50. As well as this, at just £31.95, it’s the perfect venue for 2-hour bottomless brunches to celebrate your Birthday in the correct way, or you just want an excuse to binge drink and try the flavours of Latin America in the middle of the day with your mates.

Live Lounge

If ultimate throwback songs overflowed your Spotify Wrapped of 2022, Live Lounge will allow you to bring your playlist to life with your nearest and dearest with a selection of up-and-coming artists covering them live seven days a week. Paired with a bar stretching across half of the venue comprising dirt cheap drinks, there’s no doubt you’ll find yourself back boogying every week. They also boast a high-quality restaurant with an extensive food menu, so if you’re feeling rough after a night of getting your groove on, you can return a matter of hours later for some hangover grub.

Related articles recommended by this writer: