Here’s how to throw the ultimate Galentine’s party this V Day

Getting your girls together this V-Day? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered

Valentine’s Day can be a bit of a sore subject for those who are single, broken hearted, in a long distance relationship or simply fed up of men (not that we blame you). But fear not, we’re here to help. Ditch the cheesy rom-coms, box of tissues and the inevitable scrolling through the relentless relationship social media posts and instead gather up your girls and get ready for the ultimate Galentine’s party.

Pamper session

You deserve to feel clean, fresh and fabulous! Get your face masks on, the expensive hair care out and that boujee product you got given last Christmas that you’ve been saving for a “special occasion”. Paint each other’s nails (it’s sooo much easier to have someone else do it), and do your toes too if you’re feeling brave enough to get your feet out. Treat yourselves to a proper spa sesh, just the at-home-on-a-uni-budget version.

Snacks

This isn’t optional, but extremely essential. We can’t have your girls going hungry. Why not get creative and make a fancy charcuterie board? Or you could keep it cheap and kit out the dining table with a full on nacho station? If you’re feeling really lazy then make it easy and get some pizzas delivered, we won’t judge. Food is fuel, and you’re going to need it for all the singing and dancing you’re going to be doing. Just make sure that you have hot chocolate, sweets and popcorn on standby for the inevitable evening crash.

Games night

By now you should all be feeling relaxed and in food comas, so it’s time to bring in the entertainment. Games are a great way to get everyone involved and included in the fun. We’re not talking Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit, we’re thinking naughty charades, guess the love song and rom-com quizzes. Literally anything that gets your girls thinking and laughing.

If you’re feeling rebellious, why not incorporate alcohol and play some fun drinking games? Never Have I Ever is a great one to find out those secrets about your friends that you’ve been dying to know.

Baking

If you want to keep it more chill, get your wooden spoon out and bake some delicious treats. You could make cupcakes, brownies or flapjacks…although with the egg shortage at the moment, it may be a bit of a struggle. If you’re feeling lazy (or you’re eggless), head to M&S and grab their heart biscuit decorating kit which everyone on TikTok seems to be loving at the moment. The best part of this activity? Getting to eat your delicious bakes afterwards.

Crafts

Prefer to do something more creative? Grab some art supplies, blast Taylor Swift’s album Lover and get crafting. You could make a Valentine’s card for one of your girls, decorate a t-shirt or a tote bag, make a scrapbook of pics with all your friends or (if you’re extra skilled) you could make yourself a gift like a bracelet or a scrunchie.

Cocktails

If baking or crafting isn’t your thing, why not make some cocktails instead? You could spice it up and designate each person a particular theme or colour and award a prize for the best one. You could do cocktails based on: your past relationships, your degrees, your jobs, your favourite movies, songs etc.

WARNING! This activity will get you extremely drunk and puts you at risk of sending that “miss you” message to your ex. Drink responsibly girlies.

We hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with love – whether that be with your partner, friends, family or even yourself – self love is equally as important girls! Use your January student loan (if there’s even any of it left) and treat yourself to that item you’ve been wanting for ages. Text those you love the most and let them know how much you appreciate them. But, most importantly, know you are amazing and deserve all the love this V Day!

Related articles recommended by this writer: