Cambridge comes fifth in The Times Higher Education world reputation ranking

Unfortunately beaten by Oxford… again!

Cambridge University has placed fifth in The Times Higher Education World Reputation Ranking 2023, ranking the same as it did the previous year.

Cambridge was beaten by its rival institution, Oxford University, which ranked fourth for a second year in a row. While Cambridge had an overall score of 77.6 and a teaching score of 95.8, Oxford had an overall score of 81.1 and a teaching score of 78.7.

At the top of the league table was Harvard University, followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and then Stanford University.

The ranking is based on the world’s largest invitation-only opinion survey of scholars, where a total of 38,796 responses were taken from 166 countries. “Experienced and published” academics were asked to name the top universities in their field, before they were measured on factors such as teaching and research quality.

Other UK universities that made the top 50 are Imperial College London (14th), University College London (25th), Edinburgh University (30th), London School of Economics (40th) and King’s College London (46th).

Featured image credits: Bilyana Tomova 

Recommended articles by this author: