A second year Bristol Uni student is missing

Olisa Odukwe was last seen in Redland on Saturday morning

A second year Bristol Uni student studying Mechanical Engineering has been reported missing.

Olisa Odukwe, 20, was last seen riding his bike after leaving his home in Redland at 7am on Saturday morning (1st May).

Originally believed to have been wearing all black when he left his house, Avon and Somerset Police have reported he was last seen wearing a grey YG hoodie with a black goat graphic on the front and either black shorts or black tracksuit bottoms. He is described as approximately six foot tall and has box braids.

Members of the public have been asked to contact 999 and quote case number 5221094539 with any information about Olisa’s whereabouts.

Olisa was first reported missing by friends earlier this afternoon (Sunday) in social media posts that have been widely shared throughout the university community.

University sports clubs broke their social media silence in protest at online abuse to share appeals for information about Olisa’s whereabouts.

.

In a statement, Bristol Uni said: “We are working closely with the police in their search for one of our students, Olisa Odukwe, last seen leaving his home in Redland on Sat[urday] morning. We ask the public and university community to be alert and contact the police if they thing they’ve seen him”.

If anyone has any information regarding Olisa, they should contact the police emergency number on 999 and quote the case number: 5221094539.

New information has been released in the search for Olisa:

• Olisa’s phone recorded him cycling through Harbourside at 4am. This is the last recorded location from his phone.

• He then returned to his house on Stanley Road, Redland but left again between 6-7am. His phone was then switched off and there is no record of his whereabouts after this point.

• Olisa left without his wallet and passport and there is no evidence of any purchases or withdrawals made.

• Students are organising a search through Ashton Court and Leigh Woods today (Tuesday 4th) after increasing concerns over Olisa’s welfare. They will be following the route the second year took last Friday.

• You can read more information here.

Police divers recover body in Harbourside area

A body has been found in the search for missing Bristol Uni student Olisa Odukwe, police have confirmed. Divers recovered the body from Bristol Harbour near Narrow Quay on Tuesday afternoon. Formal identification is yet to be carried out but Olisa’s family and friends have been told. The death is not being treated as suspicious.

Image credits: Daisy Barrows / Instagram & Anna Hooper / Facebook

A list of wellbeing services available to Bristol students can be found here, as well as the Samaritans’ helpline.