All the details of Monster season two have been revealed and it drops on Netflix this year

I need more of this!

It seems like a million years ago Netflix dropped Monster: The Jeffery Dahmer Story, but season two is coming later this year. After the Jeffrey Dahmer series became one of the most viewed titles Netflix has ever released, it was quickly confirmed the Monster series wasn’t over there, and would become an anthology.

Season two of the true crime drama is coming later this year, and will focus around the case of Lyle and Erik Menendez. The chilling case is of two brothers who turned to murder together. Here are all the details you need to know.

Season two of Monster on Netflix will focus around the The Lyle and Erik Menendez story

Monster season two Netflix, Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story

via Sipa/Shutterstock

Season two of the Monster anthology will be called Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story. The Menendez brothers are currently serving life sentences for the murders of their parents, Jose and Kitty Menendez.

On 18th August 1989, Erik and Lyle, when they were aged 18 and 21, bought shot guns from a store in San Diego. Two days later they shot their parents 15 times whilst they were watching TV. Lyle shot his father and mother in the face, and they were both shot in the kneecaps in an attempt to make the crimes look like that of a similar organised crime.

They then went to watch the Batman movie, having ditched the guns and changed their clothes. The brothers then returned home, and Lyle called the police and said someone had killed their parents. Six months later the brothers were eventually arrested – however in that time they managed to spend an estimated $700,000 on cars, watches, international travel and Lyle even bought a restaurant.

However, the case isn’t as clean-cut as that, and there have been calls for the brothers to be released. That’s because in the trial it was said the brothers had a clear, traumatic motive to do what they did. Lyle and Erik Menendez claim their father had sexually and emotionally abused them throughout their lives. Prosecutors dismissed this, and said the brothers had simply wanted to get hold of the family fortune.

via Sipa/Shutterstock

The exact release date hasn’t yet been confirmed by Netflix, but it has been confirmed as coming in 2024. Nicholas Alexander Chavez and Cooper Koch will play the brothers, and the show will look into what the brothers did, and their lives before and after the death of their parents.

Javier Bardem and Chloë Sevigny will play the brothers’ parents, Jose and Kitty Menendez, and Nathan Lane is set to play the role of investigative journalist, Dominick Dunne. Ari Graynor will be defence attorney, Leslie Abramson.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.