What Jennifer Did: Netflix true crime tells story of student who hired hitmen to kill parents

The chilling doc is out now

Netflix has a new true crime documentary out and it’s set to be your next binge watch – it’s time to get What Jennifer Did on your watch list immediately.

The chilling documentary film tells the story of Jennifer Pan, a Canadian student who hired hitmen to kill her strict parents. The show will use police footage from her interviews and the court case, to show what happened from start to finish.

Here’s everything you need to know about the show, ahead of watching it.

What Jennifer Did on Netflix

via Netflix

What Jennifer Did tells the story of Jennifer Pan and her plot to kill her parents

What Jennifer Did on Netflix is all about Jennifer Pan. The student spent years lying to her strict parents about things like her academic results, before deciding to hire hitmen to kill them.

In November 2010 in the middle of the night, masked men raided the family home of Bich Ha Pan and Huei Hann Pan. At first it seemed as though it was burglary, when the masked men asked Jennifer’s parents to hand over all of their money. However, it all changed when the masked men took the Vietnamese couple, who had lived in Canada for 30 years, into the basement and shot them. Mother Bich was killed instantly, but father Hann survived.

What Jennifer Did on Netflix

via Netflix

Then the case began to unravel. Why was the door to the family home unlocked? Why hadn’t the invaders taken Jennifer too? Things didn’t add up. Suspicions further arose when Hann, who had been placed into a coma, woke and said Jennifer had been whispering to the hitmen as though she knew them.

The Netflix synopsis reads: “It was a violent crime that shook a quiet Canadian town: Mysterious intruders break into the home of Vietnamese immigrants, terrorise the family, and leave a traumatised daughter as the only witness. Neighbours and friends describe the family as hospitable, generous, and hard-working – how could they be targets? This feature-length documentary from director Jenny Popplewell (American Murder: The Family Next Door) uses police interrogation footage and testimony from those involved to unravel a web of complexities that no one saw coming.”

Watch the trailer for What Jennifer Did on Netflix here:

What Jennifer Did is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.