Chelsea Megan Fox Love Is Blind

Love Is Blind’s Chelsea doesn’t deserve hate for saying she looks like Megan Fox

She’s just issued an apology

Chelsea Blackwell has been the talking point of Twitter after claiming on an episode of Love is Blind she looks like Megan Fox. Chatting to Jimmy Presnell – with walls between them – she said: “It’s just because I have dark hair and blue eyes. But I don’t see it, so don’t get excited. It’s the light eyes and dark hair. That’s the only reason.”

Despite Chelsea’s clear skepticism over other people comparing her to Megan Fox, the backlash over her claim has been insane. People have said on X/Twitter that the only reason Jimmy is with her was because of the “lie”. She’s been called “ugly” and was forced to issue an apology to Megan Fox after the drama span so wildly out of control:

“I did reach out to her, and I was like, ‘I’m so sorry I did this to you,’ Chelsea told Entertainment Tonight. “I’m just waiting for Megan to respond.”

When Jimmy saw Chelsea for the first time, he also claimed she’d “lied” to him. “At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter,” he added. “I am very attracted to her. I can work with that.” Convincing.

But even Jimmy – with his nonchalant and kind of neggy approach to romance – has sprung to Chelsea’s defence thanks to the incessant and wildly disproportionate reaction to the Megan Fox comment online:

“Chelsea is an amazing person and loves so hard,” he wrote on Instagram. “Due to time, a lot of the full story this far wasn’t shown. There are reasons we are both fighting for each other and sticking to our promise.

“It’s easy to make assumptions off of snippets of our relationship, but I wanted y’all to be easy on my girl. At the end of the day, we are all human, and it took a lot of courage for every one of us to put ourselves out there to find our person.”

Fundamentally, the hateful comments and bullying remarks Chelsea has faced for a throwaway comment are unhinged. She acknowledged from the start her likeness with Megan was tedious. And – she’s right – she does have the same light eyes, dark hair and smize-type expression in selfies.

Did she says she was Megan Fox’s doppelgänger? Did she say she’d been mistaken for her in the street? No. There was no lie or dishonesty here. It’s not Chelsea’s fault Jimmy latched on to a Megan Fox copy and paste dream and let his imagination run. Besides, he’s punching anyway.

We see a lot of bad behaviour on Love Is Blind: Matthew using the same lines to woo multiple different women, for example. For Chelsea’s Megan Fox comparison to be the biggest catalyst for trolling is troublingly judgemental of a woman clearly insecure about whether her partner even finds her attractive.

“I obviously regret bringing it up, 100 percent,” Chelsea lamented in an interview with Glamour of speaking about her appearance during the series at all. “I wasn’t the only one doing it. That doesn’t make it okay, by any means.

“It’s not the point of the experiment. That’s completely the opposite of it. Obviously, I’ve learned my lesson. I hope that for future people who go on Love Is Blind, they make it official rule to not even try to explain that or have those conversations.”

All seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now – for all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.